15 Quotes About Self-Growth During A Time of Uncertainty

COVID-19, has swiftly and sneakily crept into our lives, turning everything upside down, and leaving us puzzled, attempting to pick up the pieces. Not only has this global pandemic effected how we live our lives on a daily basis, but it's affecting our mental, emotional, and physical health. Everyone is on their own path, on their own trajectory of growth. Therefore, this time we're living through is affecting everyone differently. Regardless of what headspace you may be in, or where you may be in life, I want to provide you with some peace of mind.

90

Here are 10 quotes to put you at ease during this time of uncertainty:

1. "Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won't have a title until much later." - Bob Goff 

As humans, we are constantly in a rush to define, organize, and categorize things. We're constantly evaluating happiness, success, and growth to determine where we're at in life vs. where we desire to be. During a time of uncertainty, forget about trying to concretely define where you're at in your journey. Embrace the chaos. Chances are, you're somewhere in between chapters. So, relax and enjoy the learning and growth that comes with this in-between phase. There is so much self-growth and character development within a time of uncertainty. Have faith in your process, and in your journey. Choose to listen and embrace that, rather than tune into your fears.

2. "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." - Marilyn Monroe 

I also believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe time is a fragile concept that has great influence on our journey in life. Don't rush the process, instead find trust in it. Have faith that everything will work out, more than likely not how you expected it, but how it's supposed to be. What is meant for you, will come to you if you're patient enough to wait for it.

3. "And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about." - Haruki Murakami

Just like COVID-19, sometimes life takes unexpected twists and turns that completely interrupt everything. Instead of letting yourself get frustrated or anxious, redirect your thinking. Remember what things you have control over, and what you don't. Life will always unexpectedly throw you curveballs. Learn to adapt. Not every storm sweeps through your life to disrupt and destroy, some come to shake things up and place you on a better path. Some storms come into your life to teach you something new, or make you a stronger individual than you may have been before. The reasoning might not make sense to you now, but have faith and trust that it will all make sense one day.

4. "Growth is often uncomfortable, messy, and full of feelings you weren't expecting. But, it's necessary." -- unknown

Personal development and growth are not only messy and confusing, but yes, extremely uncomfortable at times. Show yourself mercy and grace. Perfection does not exist, and you are doing just fine. It's not a race. Take your time, feel your way. Especially during time of uncertainty, take time to reflect and get to know yourself on a deeper level. Knowing yourself, what you want, and what you need in life, is more than half of the battle. Figure these things, plan and take action. What are you waiting for?

5. "Never give up on your dreams, although it might not feel like it right now, they are possible." -- unknown 

Just because life is confusing and some things may still be up in the air, that doesn't mean you should stop planning, setting goals, and striving to achieve your dreams. Continue to work towards what you want, even if takes longer than you anticipated!

6. "I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." -- Gilda Radner 

Read this...and then read it again! I'll wait.

7. "I took a test in Existentialism. I left all the answers blank and got 100." -- Woody Allen 

8. "If I cease searching, then woe is me, I am lost. That is how I look at it - keep going, keep going come what may." -- Vincent van Gogh

Take a second to really think about this: If all of these extraordinary, famous, enlightened individuals throughout history have admitted they've been lost at some point and haven't understood everything, then why should you have to know everything? Why should you always have to be put together? Really digest that and then give yourself a pat on the back for getting out of bed today.

Oh, and never stop searching!

9. "Trust the wait. Embrace the beauty of becoming. When nothing is certain, anything is possible." -- Mandy Hale 

There is truly so much "beauty in becoming". Becoming the human being you are "meant to be" or "want to be" can be extremely frustrating at times. Choose to perceive the obstacles, lessons, and uncertainty you continue to tackle as beautiful and worthwhile.

10. "Faith means living with uncertainty -- feeling your way through life, letting your heart guide you like a lantern in the dark." -- Dan Millman 

Have faith in yourself, if nothing else. Let your heart and soul guide you through these uncertain times.

11. "If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor." -- Eleanor Roosevelt 

12. "Learn to accept rather than expect, and you'll have far fewer disappointments." -- Unknown 

13. "Choosing to be curious is choosing to be vulnerable because it requires us to surrender to uncertainty. It wasn't always a choice; we were born curious. But over time, we learn that curiosity, like vulnerability, can lead to hurt. As a result, we turn to self-protecting -- choosing certainty over curiosity, armor over vulnerability, and knowing over learning." -- Brené Brown 

This quote has resonated with me during the past few months.

When life is up-in-the-air, it's even easier for one to become closed off and overprotective. Believe me, I've been the CEO of "armor over vulnerability". However, I continue to make strides every day to correct this habit. We all have baggage, trauma, insecurities, and things we'd like to change about ourselves. No human is perfect. Therefore, take a moment to not only understand your own traits, thoughts and behaviors, but be gracious and understanding of another person's. Uncertainty and vulnerability are scary for most, but necessary for growth and development. Be more conscientious. Don't let your baggage create roadblocks in your relationships. Embrace the learning curve, openly communicate, and choose vulnerability.

14. "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -- Albus Dumbledore 

Find the light and let it guide you through the unknown. What do you have to lose? Is it more than you have to gain?

15. "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get." -- Forrest Gump

I hope this list brought you new perspective, peace, and if nothing else, a smile to your face. Wherever you are, have a wonderful day!

Always,

Rach

From Your Site Articles