Quotes To Live By

Quotes To Live By

Sometimes life can get you down.

35
Quotes To Live By
publicdomainpictures.net

Life is a funny thing. It can be going great and perfect one minute and the next, it can come crashing down, like a roller coaster. The ups and downs of life are caused by changes. These changes, if bad, can take a toll on you emotionally and mentally. When I become troubled by the ups and downs of life, I find comfort in the words of others. I have a few go-to quotes that help me in my time of need. Hopefully, they will be of some help to you too.

On having courage:

“You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery and I promise you something great will come of it.” -- Benjamin Mee, "We Bought A Zoo"

“You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -- Unknown

On doing the impossible:

“It always seems impossible until it’s done.” -- Nelson Mandela

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all -- in which case, you fail by default." -- J.K. Rowling

On yourself:

“You are allowed to be a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously.” -- Sophia Bush

“Once you’ve accepted your flaws no one can use them against you.” -- Unknown

On being positive:

“It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.” -- Eeyore

“Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.” -- Unknown

On how to treat others:

“Never speak from a place of hate, jealousy, anger, or insecurity. Evaluate your word before you let them leave your lips. Sometimes, it’s best to be quiet.” -- Tony A. Gaskins, Jr.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” -- Jimi Hendrix