Changing your attitude is the best solution to becoming "happier." But, happiness isn't a destination. It's an emotion and a feeling that won't and shouldn't always be constant. Because of this, here are 10 quotes that can change your perspective on life and your happiness:
1. "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude, to me, is me important than facts. It is more import than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do it play on the one string we have and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you." -Charles R. Swindall
2. "The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things." -Henry Ward Beecher
3. Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by choice." -Jim Robin
4. "When we're able to put most of our energy into developing our natural talents, extraordinary room for growth exists. The key to human development is building on who you already are." -Tom Rath
5. "Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power." -Lao Tzu
6. "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude males sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie
7. "What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals." -Zig Ziglar
8. Life has its own pace. You can have it all, just not all at once. And if you don't keep your focus right, you might not achieve anything.
9. "No power, no place, and no thing has any power over us, for "we" are the only thinkers in our mind. When we create peace and harmony and balance in our minds, we will find it in our lives." -Louise Hay
10. "Let me remind you, wherever your focus is directed, that is where your energy goes. Whatever you allow in your space, you eventually become." -Unknown.
The road to self-love and happiness consists of reflection. Reflecting upon the good of your day, what you are grateful for, and what you hope for tomorrow, because in order to become the best you you can be, you must first understand yourself.