Quote Of The Week: "I Took The Road Less Traveled By"

My journey to self-exploration.

146
www.robertotorralbas.com

Whenever I think about life, I reflect on some of the most influential people that have made such an incredible impact on society, and one of those individuals is none other than Robert Frost.

Frost was an American poet; famous for one his best poems, "The Road Not Taken". What made me so intrigued with this particular piece of Frost's work was the last verse where Frost says, "I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." This quote is one of my absolute favorite quotes because not only has it taught me a valuable life lesson, it has helped me start my journey to self-exploration.

What Frost means by "the road less traveled by," is that no one should follow the crowd, and everyone should be how they truly are.

When I read this quote, it made me think a lot about my life and the decisions I have made over the past five years. Once I entered high school, I tried to be like everyone else. I was a little introverted growing up, and I thought if I were this outgoing person then I would no longer be an outcast. I also tried to do that with my big sister. My sister is an overachiever who receives nothing but praise from the people around her, and I thought if I walked in her footsteps, then I would be successful. Although I am currently in a great place in my life, my plan didn't work. All it did was make me unhappy and made me lose sight of who I truly was. Once I finally realized this, I decided to take Frost's advice and become my own individual. It was time to figure out who I was and to show the world the all the amazing things I can do.

I can't even tell you how liberating it feels to love yourself finally. I can honestly say that this point of my life is the happiest I've ever been. If there is anything else I can tell you, it would be this: never try to be like anyone else, and always take "the road less traveled by."