I Tried Quitting Social Media for a Week

We've all done this challenge at least once, where we try to abstain from social media for an entire week or month. I tried doing the same last week and OH MY FREAKING GOSH IT WAS HELL.

So, the reason I started this was that I know I am a social media addict and with finals coming up if I continued on this trajectory, I was bound for a loss. SoI I decided to go completely off the radar. I deleted Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Twitter. Honestly, it felt as if I was ripping a part of my skin as I kept uninstalling them.

For most parts of the day, I didn't know what to do with my free time. Normally, it would've been continuous scrolling on Instagram for HOURS. I decided to actually work towards most of my papers and projects. Although they were due two weeks from then, I didn't want all my deadlines falling on top of me at once. Surprisingly, I managed to not only finish all my papers, but I also managed to get a head start on some of my subjects.

Ahmed Aqtai

While I was really happy with what I managed to complete, communication became extremely difficult to handle. Snapchat and Instagram were the two apps I used to communicate with everyone. This was very taxing especially with final lab projects due around the same time, I had to make sure everything was right. But, somehow I managed to handle everything without royally screwing up my grades.

So, while everything turned out well for me, I'm still going to end up spending hours of my time on Instagram anyway.