Macbook Pro Review
Technology

5 Reasons Why You Should Switch From PC To Mac

I'm not proud I feel this way... but I do.

137
www.pexels.com

I know that quite literally speaking Apple is the capitalist devil; however, they might just be on to something. Honestly, I'm not the type of person to drop any money on a laptop because being the youngest in my family has taught me that hand-me-downs are more than just clothes and the whole process really does save a lot of money. As I've been gearing up to go to grad school and experiencing a number of random black outs from my Old Gal, it became clear that I'd need a real new laptop this time. All in all, being 21 has taught me very few things so far, but I have officially learned that the world of hand-me-down laptops was just child's play. This Brand New s*** is the real deal.

Technological advancement is wild.

Even Obama knows.

media.giphy.com

About a decade ago, I was still logging onto AIM and playing pinball on my family's desktop. Now I have a computer that I turn on by touching with my fingerprint and a bad thing that I don't even know how to coherently explain without using sound effects. All of which is technology I don't understand.

They look good.

Patenting Intensifies

media.giphy.com

I've always prided myself on being immune to the trap that is sleek, minimalist design, but honestly, after downgrading from my clunky Dell, I can honestly say I feel 100% cooler carrying my MacBook Pro around. Even just typing on it feels different. And before you say anything about how superficial this revelation is, please note that my Dell had a News display screen and was so heavy that it began to hurt my back. When I was studying abroad in South Korea this summer, Most times I chose to leave it in my dorm instead of going through the gruesome task of taking it anywhere with me. Yes, I could've lifted weights. Yes, I could've gone to the gym. No, I could not have 'just picked a lighter computer' (because of the whole hand-me-down thing). So yes. I'm enjoying this.

It's so easy.

That was easy button.

media.giphy.com

Apple and Android users alike stick to their old systems through the rationalization of the difficulty of switching; however, it is much more simple than it seems. Especially if you are someone who has an iPhone but uses windows systems. Although there are some interface things I'm getting used to-- why on Earth would you even need the command button? Like am I blackoutssupposed to memorize all these shortcuts?-- overall, most of the things make sense in the grand scheme of usage and the system that it is in.

The Apple system is so enticing.

Steve Jobs was really about taking as much of your money as possible.

media.giphy.com

It is crazy that someone with an Apple Watch, Mac, and iPhone could download an app and make a to-do list or tell Siri some bright idea they got while laying in bed at 3 am and access it from any of their devices at any time the next day. Say you forgot your phone at home? Don't worry. If you have internet or a cellular connection, you can receive your messages and calls right to your wrist (or laptop). Overall, the system makes life easier by maximizing your ability to make the most out of the technology available to you.

Apps really do make your life better.

There really is an app for everything.

media.giphy.com

We've all heard someone somewhere say something along the lines of "Apps are the future of technology, And I mean. They were low-key right. There is literally an app for everything. From note-taking, to organization, to money management, to design, to almost anything you can think blackouts. And multiple versions of the same app, which sync your devices together, making your only obstacle literally Yourself and your willingness to use them. Someone tell apple to hire me to write a commercial please.

Yes, the price point is high. Yes, Apple has become a company that can get away with being less innovative and increasingly more expensive compared to its opponents. Yes, their reputation affords them the room to do almost anything-- or not do anything-- and get away with it. With merchandise like this; however, I am surprised it is only as bad as it is now. Might as well take advantage of the system while we can still (barely) afford to, no?