37 Questions To Ask On A Date If You're A Christian Looking For Love

37 Questions To Ask On A Date If You're A Christian In Search Of The Love You've Always Prayed For

You'll find your blessing.

2944

Dating with a purpose and goal is important yet people waste their time dating for long periods of time without actually getting to know the critical things about their partner.

Having essential conversations at the beginning of the relationship may seem uncomfortable, but it is the best way to establish the foundation first. Our foundation is grounded in Jesus Christ and so as a Christian, every other thing we believe in or practice is built on top of our faith.

That is why it is imperative that whoever you date believes the same thing you believe since it is extremely important to have the same foundation. This way, by the third date you should have a pretty good idea if the relationship is worth pursuing or ending. There is no need to get too emotionally involved just to find out that you guys are not compatible and it becomes more difficult to separate. Spiritual qualities are, of course, important but the financial, physical, and emotional chemistry needs to be there too.

Here are some questions you could use for a quality date night:

1. Where are you from? 

2. What do you do for a living? How long have you worked there?

3. What commitments does your work involve? Traveling?

4. Which church do you attend?

It is important to know if the church is a bible believing church that also preaches a balanced gospel.

5. Are you involved in your church?

Any Christian should be involved in a church family which is more than just going to church on Sunday. It lets you know their level of commitment and if they are purposely pursuing spiritual growth. It involves being in a life group, attending bible study and serving in some capacity in the church.

6. What does having a relationship with Jesus mean to you?

It is not enough to ask if they are Christian. Some people are Christian on paper but do not have a relationship with Jesus. It is important to know if there are following Jesus and obeying His Word.

7. What is your salvation testimony?

8. Do you believe in the Holy Spirit and to what capacity? How much is the Holy Spirit involved your life?

9. Do you have a godly mentor who is an older person and can counsel you?

10. Do you have an accountability partner?

11. Do you subscribe to sex before marriage?

It is good to know from the get-go if both of you are on the same page on what seems to be a deal-breaker for many. The Bible is clearly against it but some people still insist on getting involved sexually. So as a Christian you should know where your date stands.

12. Are you close with your family? Why or why not?

Getting to know someone's background will give you insight on his/her relationships with you in the future and if the person is a committed person.

13. What is God teaching you in this season? What are you learning currently from the Bible?

14. What are your hobbies? What do you do in your free time?

15. What are you passionate about?

It could be a cause or passion project.

16. So far, what do you think you are called on this earth to do?

17. Are you currently seeing anyone?

Bruh!! You have to ask because some people out here are moving mad.

18. What qualities of mine did you find attractive?

It has to be both a physical and internal (character) feature.

19. Do you want to have children? If so, how many?

20. What do you think about adoption?

21. What type of music do you listen to? Who are your favorite artists?

22. Why do you choose the kind of media you engage in? 

It is a way of knowing if they avoid certain content to maintain purity in their lives.

23. Do you care if our relationship is on social media or not?

24. What is your perspective on drinking alcohol?

25. What is your opinion on modesty and what does modesty look like to you?

26. What is your perspective on sharing the gospel with others?

27. What is your perspective on homosexuality?

28. What is your understanding of the role of a wife in marriage?

What are his main expectations from the woman in marriage?

29. What is your understanding of the role of a husband in marriage?

What are her main expectations from the man in marriage?

30. What is a "non-negotiable" for you?

31. What is your credit score?

32. How important are material things to you? What would you consider wants or needs?

33. Why didn't your last relationship work?

Even if you do not want to play the blame game, it is still advisable to know if there is a pattern of cheating or being emotionally absent. It also may not be the person's fault.

34. Do you have feelings for someone else, maybe from a past relationship?

35. What are some bad habits that you are working on?

36. Do you have any insecurities about yourself? What are they?

37. What is your perspective on heath and exercise?

Follow Swoon on Instagram.