To Those Questioning Their Worth

To Those Questioning Their Worth

A walk through of the how and why you are more than you think.

177

Every piece of me wants you to know that you have so much worth, so much value, so much in you that creates color in this world. Body shape, ideas, words, pictures, kindness, smiles, consistencies, inconsistencies, expressions, etc. Truly, it is true, you are worth much more than a 600-word article.

I was recently reading about this man from Emily P Freeman's book, A Million Little Ways. It was about her Dad actually, an alcoholic. He would skip out on Church while the rest of his family would hop out of the door and happily enjoy small talk and niceties with those attending that morning.

The man would begin each Sunday morning with a good couple of beers, and then he would begin to talk, actually more like teaching. Speaking the words and the lessons out loud, to no one else but himself, he would share his thoughts. He would pace back and forth with the rhythm of a professor on a topic that captivated him, saying the words he wanted, and creating positions on arguments, politics, sports, conversational habits, society, and social injustice.

Along the way of life he came to know Jesus and became a professor and a pastor, and his Sunday morning lessons were exposed. He allowed his words to no longer become potential, but impact. He was no longer keeping all of his thoughts, his passions, his well thought out valuable pieces of art to himself.

Don't we all have a little bit of that hidden-ness about us? Talents, feelings, expressions, hopes, dreams, opinions, pictures, and ideas that we have been given, and yet keep to ourselves? There are millions of people that we meet throughout our lifetime, and each one carries the most beautiful expression within their creation. Each one has a freckle, a lip curve, a facial structure, a thought pattern, a kind reference unique to them. We are all masterpieces, in itself.

"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." (Ephesians 2:10)

The word masterpiece, or sometimes translated workmanship, comes from the Greek word 'poiema.' This word poiema, is actually the same word that the English word poem is stemmed from. In other words, we are God's masterpieces, His workmanship, and also poems created by Him. Not only do we hold the honor of beholding and being living, breathing expressions of our Creator, but we are also made in His image.

'So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female He created them" (Genesis 1:27)

You, my friend, are different than anyone else in the world. You hold a sacred expression from the Lord, and are made in His image with a one-of-a-kind capacity to practice and release the color He's given you. I urge you to not only appreciate the nice parts about yourself but to earnestly seek out Jesus, a man who saw you so valuable.

He came to save you from your past offenses, to speak the Truth, to glorify the Father, and to show you how to live your most prioritized purpose in this world. I urge you to find the innate value that you hold and to know your worth that the Lord of Lords and King of Kings speaks over you. You are because He is.