Quarantine Series: 5 Tips On Dealing With Your Quarantined Buddy

Welcome to another blog in the "quarantine series" I decided to do for the next few months since we are all on lock down and do not know what is going on!

5

When I was going into this quarantine, I knew exactly what I had to do to stay sane. I want to share what I did and what I am doing now to see if it will help you get out of the social distancing blues. I have seen so many people say they are just going to sit around, relax, and catch up on TV. Well, I did that in Africa (yes we had Netflix) and it hurt me for the worst. I am getting vulnerable but I experienced another level of sadness and loneliness I have never felt before.

I think this is a beautiful time to get stuff done, accomplish some goals, and come out better than you were before. Hopefully my story and tips will help you!

Are you getting super tired of your quarantine buddy? It could be your parents, your significant other, or your roommate. Do not worry, that is obviously going to happen. Here is a list of ways to keep sane while on lockdown.

Personal Peace

Use this time as a time to work on yourself + what is on the inside. When you are not personally "at peace" everything EVERYONE does will bother you. Communicate that as well so everyone you are living with is on the same page.

A Routine + Structure

Create a routine for yourself so you are not just laying around all day with your quarantined buddy. Have a list of your own goals, routines, habits, etc. that you are too busy to get annoyed with the person or the people you are living with.

Boundaries

This is an important conversation to have right away. Curfews, thoughts on social distancing, safety and following CDC guidelines, etc. Have a conversation about boundaries. It is all about mutual respect in THIS HOUSE.

Patience

This goes along with personal peace. Learn to have patience with the person you are living with and patience with the world in general. The energy you give off is the energy you will be given back. Remind the person you live with that whatever you are feeling is truly not personal.

A Comfortable Home

Create a cozy space! Make where you are comfortable and make it a safe place. Work with your roommate on creating this space (and only using Target items since it is like the only thing open). Use this as a time to redecorate your home and checking things off the never-ending to-do list.