Quarantine DOES Have A Silver Lining — Mine Is Self Love

My Quarantine Silver Lining Has Been A Whole Lot Of Self-Love

Quarantine hasn't been all that bad.

1322

We have officially been quarantined for over half of 2020 — setting the virus aside for a minute, this year has actually been extremely helpful for me. I know everyone has been handling it differently. We've each had our ups and downs, but the introvert in me has appreciated this time alone. The only thing that has really changed for me is I decided to do 100% online classes this semester. I initially decided to do this to save some money on dorms, but I've actually come to prefer this format to in-person classes.

I am able to do my work as I please, and I have a lot more free time on my hands (which can be a good OR bad thing). I've had my fair share of quarantine crafts that I've done that I would have never been able to do — but the most important thing I've had time for is me.

The last six months have been the hardest six months for my relationship since my fiance is currently deployed. Nobody really can prepare you for having limited-to-no contact with the person you love for an extended period of time. It has been extremely testing, but luckily we are on the home stretch. Not having him during this pandemic has probably been the scariest, yet oddly empowering, chapter of my life though. Just knowing we have conquered this makes me feel so emotionally strong.

I've had even more time to reflect on myself, who I am, and who I want to become.

Since staying home, I've opened more doors for myself. The money I've saved from taking online classes and not going out as much has gone straight into a savings account. When my fiance does come back home, we are planning on moving in together, so we are both doing our part to set us up in the best way possible. Quarantine has also given me an ample amount of time to Pinterest pin all my favorite home decor, which I will definitely be DIY-ing in the near future!

The silver lining to quarantine is I've actually had the time for me. I've had the time to look deep inside myself and do the things that make me happy.

Whether it be window shopping and looking at houses I can't afford or pinning hundreds of pins to my "Future Home" board, it's time for me. Without the constant comparing myself and my life to everyone around me, I've been able to love my life and every single flaw it may have. Sure, I might not have the most expensive car or clothes like the people around me, but I wouldn't change a single thing. I love me and my life and don't ever plan on becoming anyone but me. And that's self-love.