If You Feel Yourself Losing Motivation, Try This

I understand the struggle of getting up every morning thinking today will be just as boring as yesterday--but maybe it doesn't have to be.

25

What day is it today? Did I take my vitamins today or was that yesterday? I need to be more productive today than I was yesterday no matter what.

These are the thoughts that circle through my mind as I go about my daily quarantined life schedule. The days all blend together and you end up losing track of what day of the week it is. Waking up every morning can be the hardest thing you have to do that day because you are dreading the amount of work you pushed back to do absolutely nothing the day before. If you are experiencing a slump where you have no motivation to be productive and have a healthy mindset, here are some of the things I recommend that may bring some positivity in your life:

1. Eat A Hearty Breakfast

live.staticflickr.com

I don't know about you, but breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. My go-to breakfast has been my biggest motivator lately and it can be for you too. Since I wake up every morning with an empty, growling stomach, I use this delicious breakfast recipe to get me out of bed as soon as I can.

I eat an omelette sandwich with 2 slices of turkey bacon and a side of strawberries. As simple as it sounds, it keeps me full for hours and it makes me feel energized because of how healthy it is. Apart from this, it is also the most delicious breakfast recipe that I can think of. It is an easy thing to make, which is all the more reason you can look forward to making it in the morning. (If you are vegetarian, you can always substitute the eggs for tofu and the turkey bacon for some plant-based protein that is equally tasteful!)

Skipping breakfast can make you feel groggy throughout the rest of the day so if you are one of those people who like to wake up in time for lunch, try to wake up a few hours earlier and make yourself this rewarding breakfast as a step in the right direction.

2. Take A Walk

www.goodfreephotos.com

There is no need to tell yourself you need to run 1.5 miles every single day. Sure, running is an excellent way to lose weight and strengthen your heart, but it is not necessary to do everyday. (So don't feel bad if you see people on Tik Tok or snapchat doing this everyday!) Getting some exercise is better than nothing at all. Even if that is just a 30 minute walk around your neighborhood, go for it. It can get your juices flowing and make you feel refreshed from being cooped up in the house all day. It can motivate you to start your healthy routine and get you in the right mindset to do so.

3. At-Home Workouts

live.staticflickr.com

I used to dread doing these. I get out of breath and find myself pausing the video every 30 seconds for a breather. It would just a reminder of how out of shape I am. But, I realized that the more you practice healthy eating habits, the easier these exercises get. I am guilty of being one of those people who would eat whatever junk food they wanted, thinking it would cancel out with 1 ten minute ab video. I could not be more wrong. The more I started eating healthier, I found myself with more energy and motivation to do these at home exercises with less difficulty. I honestly do not even miss going to the gym as much anymore now that I have a healthy workout routine I can follow at home. Doing these will help you maintain the lifestyle you strive for without you feeling like a lazy mess all day.

These few tips are a start, but they can do wonders for your mental and physical health. Quarantine can be a time where you truly find yourself and discover what makes you happy. Eating well and having some form of exercise in your day can bring back the motivation you have been searching for for weeks. You will surprisingly find your productivity increasing as well as your self esteem!