What to know about Qatar World Cup before you Go

You should be aware of a few things before visiting Qatar for the World Cup. Also under the focus is the nation's subpar record on human rights. The FIFA World Cup 2022 Live, which will begin in Qatar on November 20 and run through December 18, has football enthusiasts prepared.

16

Qatar has received harsh criticism for its deplorable record on basic rights. There are about 2 million migrant workers living there, the bulk of them are from less developed countries like India, Bangladesh, or Nepal. They represent around 95% of the working population, and the circumstances they labor in and live in are usually catastrophic.
Many people receive insufficient pay, are housed inefficiently, and must work harder and longer than they first agreed to. Their travel documents are occasionally taken, preventing them from leaving the country. The Watchman newspaper in England reported in February 2021 that since Qatar won the bid in 2010 to host the 2022 World Cup, approximately 6,500 migrant workers have died. The football match will take place between November 20 and December 18.
In any case, it is unlikely that these grim realities would prevent soccer fans from traveling to the emirate for the event. Similar to previous outings, when the decision to travel is made, useful questions come to mind. There are a few more rules to take into account because Qatar is a country where Islam is the only religion recognized by the government.
Section: What regulations apply to the coronavirus in Qatar?Anyone above the age of 6 who wishes to enter the country must present either a rapid antigen test from within the past 24 hours or a PCR test that is around 48 hours old. Tests taken on your own will not be recognized. It is not necessary to provide proof of immunization, but around three days before to entry, one must complete a form that may be submitted online or in person.
Anyone entering should download the Ehteraz app from the Qatari Covid on their phone. When entering galleries, motels, restaurants, shops, and other comparable settings, the application is examined. Only when on public transit or at medical care agencies should people hide their faces.
What is the best mode of transportation for getting around?
The best method of transportation is by car, whether you use a cab, hire a driver, or rent a car. Travelers are permitted to drive for the first seven days after entering the country, so be sure to carefully review the requirements for vehicle rentals. Anyone who needs to rent a car for a longer period of time should get a global driver's license, which enables them to drive in Qatar for up to 90 days.
In the event of an accident, you should contact the authorities as soon as possible and avoid moving away from the offending car. The German Unfamiliar Office urges cautious driving and draws attention to the fact that street traffic is characterized by high speeds and frequently risky driving behavior, which results in countless accidents.
For those who want to avoid the stress of car rental, a metro with three lines connects a few key locations, such as the airport and the downtown area. There are other transportation options, but the traditional transportation networks should be avoided since they are unreliable, according to Germany's Foreign Office.
When I go out, is it possible for me to consume alcohol?This may be the key question for the vast majority of soccer supporters. It is publicly forbidden to consume alcohol and be intoxicated. Both situations are problematic since it is illegal to bring alcohol into the nation and you will never be able to purchase it from a store. People who must consume alcohol can do so in hotels that have a license to do so. The legal drinking age is 21, and it's also an expensive endeavor. A beer may be purchased for about $10 to $15 (or about €10 to €15).
The Reality Cup this year, however, will be an exception to the drinking rules. When there is a game, alcohol will be offered on the arena grounds. However, only non-fermented beer will be available inside the arena. During the game, only those who paid for the opulent seats in a container would receive alcohol service. Additionally, beer may be sipped in the FIFA fan area after 6:30 p.m.
When and where may I shop?
The ideal refuge during this period is a shopping mall, with daytime temperatures in Qatar often ranging between 24 and 30 degrees Celsius (75-89 degrees Fahrenheit). They usually open at nine in the morning and are refrigerated. Sunday is a regular working day in Qatar, and most businesses and establishments are closed on Fridays, so it's important to keep that in mind. Business hours are from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. On Fridays, a lot of businesses, including restaurants, reopen later in the day. Offices of the government alone remain closed.
Dress code: What should I actually keep in mind while choosing clothing?"Modest clothing" is deemed beautiful by several movement manuals. It seems that different people have different ideas on what truly constitutes modest clothes. Short skirts or shorts are generally not recommended since knees should be protected.
Additionally, shoulders should be covered, and simple or tight clothing should be avoided in broad daylight. You should check the specific dress code before swimming at a public beach because two-piece suits are frequently prohibited. In any case, women can often wear their two-pieces in hotel pools.
What movements should I avoid, according to correspondence?
In Qatar, raising a finger at someone is considered to be shockingly disrespectful and should thus be avoided. Similar rules apply when waving to someone with your pointer. If you wave at a waiter, you won't likely get the excellent service you were hoping for; but, don't wave excessively, as this is also seen as impolite.
If you give someone the thumbs-up in Qatar, it's equivalent to giving them the middle finger in Western countries. If you give someone the go-ahead, things may quickly spiral out of control.
Contact: Are hugs and kisses acceptable greetings?
Let's start with a hello. Women could run into men who decline their offer of a handshake. This is not meant to be private because it is against the law for single persons to contact. This should not be regarded as impolite, but rather as a vital aspect of lifestyle.
Public displays of affection like kissing and cuddling in the open should be avoided. They are prohibited and, in the unlikely event that you are caught, can result in penalties.
Gay protests are prohibited in Qatar as well and can result in sentences of up to seven years in prison. However, Sheik Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the emir of Qatar, had stated that everyone was welcome at the World Cup, including LGBT people.