what major what should I do at college university to find purpose

4 Questions To Help Find Your Purpose At College Or University

Here are four questions to get the student thinking about what they really want out of life in college.

49
https://unsplash.com/photos/lTxKlwdrJTE
Photo by Alex Jones on Unsplash

Feeling lonely at a college campus leads us to burrow in our lives. While I could be referring to the lack of a relationship title, I am consistently referring to the feeling of needing a purpose. We are each individually trying to counsel our upbringing against the multiple paths of degree development. To hone in your energy and to focus, you will have to make sense and direction of the connections you have in your life! With the opportunities you have created for yourself through acts of kindness and fulfilled work, you find that you can connect to the folks around you in ways that create whole relationships.

1. Who can I develop a balanced and productive relationship with?

Community is when every part of a perceived whole is individual and unique, yet, when working together, create an irreplaceable circuit of force at a point in time.

By Austin Neil on Unsplash

Your closest connections in everyday life, especially at a college or university are found in your family, class peers, professors, advisors, and your employers. See who you agree with, and seek their advice, or give them a compliment. Start a flow of conversation and realize that you're opening new doors in your life. You have the potential to build a relationship that can be applied towards your career, towards your living situation, or even towards your to-be good friends who you'll exchange ideas with!

Once each core group in your life becomes familiar with your habits and personality, we all can better understand who we should spend our time with.

Human beings often get caught up with the interface of technology. We receive a chemical reaction when our phone buzzes, or when we go through photos on social media. We are allowed to use these types of interfaces, these ways of communicating with one another, but we have to make sure that we balance this type of interaction with real, biological and sociological interactions.

Acquaintances and new roommates are examples of people who are in your immediate surroundings but may or may not have developed a connection with you yet. Always be respectful and accepting of new people's character, and see how you feel about them; Trust your emotions. Understand that what you want is not always a shared big picture- it is a personal ideal that is to be protected.

2. How do I go about developing friendship?

Grabbing the outstretched hand of a potential friend is finding your way into the dancing circle.

By Duy Pham on Unsplash

When trust is developed first through conversation, especially in today's age where sexuality is a central focus of relationships, you may end up in a more comfortable, natural situation when trying to make new friends. The most important part of developing a solid and consistent friendship is communication- the two parties involved should fully express their likes and dislikes and have conversations that really feel like they are getting somewhere. Often times, two people will indulge in small talk about popular culture or their task at hand, but it is important to ask questions about the other's home life, projects, or hobbies.

3. What should I do if I feel like I don't have my own place at work?

Hey, you're you; What sets you apart from the rest? What makes you fit in?

By Marius Ciocirlan on Unsplash

First step back and realize that your security in your job should not feel compromised. Take a breath, and get rid of stress. Be sure to keep your resume updated and to organize your professional accounts. Then, take a moment to look over any handouts or instructional videos to reinforce your understanding of what your responsibilities as an employee are. Did you meet those expectations? Have you contributed to the functionality of the workplace?

Then, once you have made sure that you haven't been any sort of slacking employee, you can begin to develop more personality in your co-working relationships. Ask your fellow teammates about their favorite part of working your job. See if you can make a connection with your manager about the community-related news. With time and multiple attempts, you will find who you work with the best.

4. How should I feel if I'm single?

Where opportunity and chemistry meet.

By Andi Rieger on Unsplash

I think that you should feel like you're among companions! Every passerby has something to say. Relationships really can begin anywhere in collegiate scenarios, but, while it is a nice feeling to have a committed relationship in your life, having a relationship to attend to may not be as productive as you think.

The emotions we feel when we are away from a partner can be difficult to place and deal with. Simply stay connected to your identity and find things you enjoy doing after getting through with all of your work. If you can find a balance of mainstay and weekend activities that bring you happy interaction, then you will most likely run into a partner naturally. Otherwise, You're allowed to be the fullest expression of yourself. You are allowed to care about yourself and you have access to the right to make sure you are being treated fairly in and by society. Staying happy is the most important aspect of life, and being fair with one another is the most interaction-by-interaction way to invite happiness into your life and potential relationship.

Nonetheless, it is always a good idea to frequent certain places in a consistent manner, if you're looking for a fun and casual relationship. If you keep a schedule of where you are most of the time and see how it suits you, you may find that you run into some people you like.

Regardless of how much time you have spent at college or university, understand that this portion time is one of learning and growth. You will make some mistakes along the way, but do not let them pass you by without learning from each of them. Realize what the best-case college scenario is for you, and set goals and intentions to reach that state. Following through with steps to reach your goal will show you progress- and failure will show you new ways to improve. You have the power to change, and you have the power to use your time wisely. Best wishes, and good luck, my friend.