Penn State University Quarterbacks​ Are Arguably The Best In The Country

#WeAre

103
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnrBGNfFd3U/?taken-by=psufootballproud

College football fans, listen up! I don't care who your favorite team is in the country, but you have to come to a realization that these past THREE WEEKS of college football have shown that Penn State has the strongest quarterback line-up in the country.

We have not seen anything from Tommy Stevens this season, coming off of a preseason ankle injury. That has not stopped Coach Franklin and the coaching staff from handing over the offense from Trace McSorley to a freshman, Sean Clifford, who has been impressive.

Trace McSorley, 9.

Redshirt Senior. 6' 0" and 201 pounds.

Let's start with McSorley by recapping the past game this weekend against Kent State.. 40-yard reception to DeAndre Thompkins, 1-yard rushing touchdown (surpassed 1,000 career rushing yards), broke Micael Robinson's record for rushing touchdowns for a QB with his 23rd from 2 yards out, 13-yard rushing touchdown, 41-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Polk (first Big 10 QB to have 3 rushing touchdowns and 2 passing touchdowns in a game). He ended the game with 283 total yards, Penn State as a whole had 643.

Sean Clifford, 14.

Redshirt Freshman. 6' 2" and 219 pounds.

His first snap ever, last week against Pitt, ended with a 34-yard touchdown pass to Polk. Let me remind you his first snap EVER! This past weekend he ended with a 100% completion percentage, going 3-3 with a career-long pass of 95-yards (longest pass in PSU history) to Daniel George.

Tommy Stevens, 2.

Redshirt Junior. 6' 5" and 240 pounds.

We have not seen any of Stevens this year YET, but let's take a look at some of his stats from last season... 190 rushing yards with four touchdowns, 60 receiving yards with two touchdowns, and 158 passing yards with three touchdowns. It is expected that we will see #2 back in action on Friday night when the Nittany Lions take on the Fighting Illini.

It is clear that Penn State has a stacked 1, 2, 3 in the quarterback position, but the team is young.

Granted, speaking for myself, but this team has given Penn State fans gray hairs, heart attacks, EVERYTHING.

Will McSorley be considered for Heisman this year? Will Penn State make it to the National Championships? Big 10 Championships? The true test of the team will be coming up on September 29th as PSU takes on Ohio State in Beaver Stadium, at 7:30 pm, during a White Out.

#WeAre