Tips To Make Your Last Year Of High School Memorable

Read this if you have a bad case of "senioritis!"

920
Mary Beth Flores

As the semester goes by, I have noticed myself reflecting on my senior year of high school. It truly does not seem possible that I am already almost done with my freshman year when it feels like yesterday I was trying not to trip and fall while receiving my diploma. I have come up with some words of advice to seniors or even juniors to aid them as they are finishing up their last couple months of high school.

First, enjoy the open house season. I remember being somewhat stressed out about not only my own open house but attending all my friend's. Write out a list of when the open house is and the address it is at. My sister and I had a game plan for almost every weekend starting in May, and the preparation will come in handy! Most importantly enjoy every minute of these graduation parties, you will never again be surrounded by so many old friends, parents, and teachers! Along with this, enjoy your own open house. Mine went by so fast I wish could relive it again!

Secondly, attend as many sports games as possible! If you have never been to your high school's baseball game, now is your chance. Support all of your classmates and embrace wearing your school spirit. Although attending sporting events in college is fun, it's very unlikely you will be able to hold up a poster screaming for your best friend on the sidelines.

Yes, "Senioritis" is a very real epidemic. Waking up at 7 a.m will make you want to pull your comforter over your head and transport to the college days of sleeping in but do not take for granted anything your senior year. Some days I wish I could go back to carpooling with my friends in the morning, blasting our favorite songs and singing along to them.

Although I absolutely loved everything that had to do with prom, I know some people dislike the festivities of the occasion. Just think this is one of the last times you will be able to dress up in a long dress or tux and dance with your friends! I personally loved dress shopping with my mom or taking pictures with my friends, sometimes more than the dances themselves. It is okay if you're not a huge school dance person, just appreciate all the little details that go into getting ready for the event.

Lastly, I love taking pictures to remember special events, but sometimes putting your phone away and just enjoying special moments with your friends and family will make all the difference. For my high school readers, enjoy the last few months of high school, they will fly by!