No Matter What You Were Able To Accomplish In 2020, You Should Be Proud Of Yourself For Making It To 2021

It's been a hard year for everyone

10

As we go into the new year and start reflecting on the past year, there are so many things we could focus on that are negative. Instead of focusing on those negatives, focus on the positives.

For starters, we made it through! The year 2020 is now closed, and we survived what seemed to be a never-ending crap storm between covid, a heated election, devastating fires in Australia and California, impeachment, toilet paper stockpiling, and so many more events.

To be frank, I don't remember everything that happened, because there was so much. But so many good things also happened. COVID-19 brought people together and showed people how important those in their life are. The pandemic highlighted how important simple things are, like going to the grocery store, going out to eat, or just seeing family members.

With all of this happening, many people stopped working out and eating healthy because it was hard with gyms closed and limited selections in grocery stores. Many people started saying that they were gaining COVID-19 weight. But I have seen so much self-love on social media, and it's truly inspiring. It has shown me that although things didn't go the way we planned in 2020, we still made progress.

The simple fact that you made it through 2020 is something to be proud of. What may seem like small achievements are actually a very big deal, especially this year. No matter how much weight you gained or lost, you are still beautiful, and it is OK if you are not exactly where you want in life. You can work on that, and you should just be proud that you made it through 2020.

Never get discouraged because you aren't where you want to be mentally, physically, emotionally, or work-related. These are all things that can be worked on and improved in the future, but go easy on yourself. This was a hard year, and so many people have been too hard on themselves.

Just think of how much you and others have been able to accomplish! We as a population have become more creative and more understanding, and many people have found new ways to work and new businesses to create. We also got some laughs out of things like "Tiger King" and Carole Baskin.

All and all, there were some positives that came out of the historic year of 2020.