Protect Your Energy

Protect Your Energy

Not everyone deserves your energy every day.

27

Protecting your energy is so incredibly important. What I mean by that is that not everyone or everything deserves your energy every single day. You can definitely be handed too much from time to time but the biggest thing to remember that whatever your circumstances are, you have the power to give energy to certain things rather than everything. You have the power to respond to people, or not. You have the power to shift your focus from project to project, pending what you think is most important or what you think needs your attention - it's up to you to decide what gets your energy every day.

This can also relate to people and relationships. Sometimes, so much of our energy is drawn into different relationships we have without us even realizing it. We don't always realize that someone is taking up so much of our time or draining us from our energy until we consciously step back and stop giving them everything we have. Another thing to remember about our relationships is that while it is important to spend time on them to help them grow, it's also important to set boundaries and recognize when they either no longer deserve your energy, or deserve less of your energy.

The biggest thing to remember when you decide to consciously step back from giving so much of your energy to someone is that it is not selfish to do so. It is not selfish to protect your energy and shift your focus as to what will get your attention. It is not selfish to shift your priorities so that you are spending more time on things that make you happy or have you feel better day-to-day. Do not let anyone make you feel like by doing this, you are selfish. It is important to protect your energy and if anyone makes you feel like you're being selfish by doing so, then they are just lashing out at the fact that you are no longer giving them so much.

Just don't forget to make time for the things you love. Your energy should always be poured into things that make you happy. Will you have to focus on things or do things you don't love from time to time? Of course. But you can choose how you show up for those things and how much of your energy gets poured into them. You can decide how much of your energy you put into those things and how much of it you protect in the process. Make sure to prioritize things you love day-to-day.

Protect your energy. Make sure that you are only putting your energy into things that make you happy. Make sure that if you're spending time putting your energy into something that it makes you happy and that it helps fill you up. You should only ever pour yourself into people who appreciate your energy and make you feel seen day-to-day. You deserve to protect your energy and you deserve to be happy. Don't forget to put yourself first!