3 Pros & Cons Of Working On The Weekends

Working on the weekends is not as bad as you think.
1280

Working on the weekends can be a hit or miss, depending on the person. Personally, I don’t mind working the weekends but I completely understand those who hate it with a burning passion. Working on the weekends isn’t for everyone, but like all things, it does have its pros and cons.

Pros:

1. You get to enjoy the weekdays

This is the biggest pro when it comes to working on the weekends. Think about it, if you want to go to the mall, the beach or even a theme park chances are the crowds will be minimal and wait times will be almost nonexistent. Have to schedule a doctor’s appointment? You won’t have to worry about coming in late or leaving early because you already have two weekdays off.

2. No rush hour traffic

No one likes getting stuck in rush hour traffic. No one. If getting to work in rush hour takes 40 minutes, coming in on the weekend will probably take 20. You have more than enough time to stop for coffee or grab something to eat.

3. Getting that work/school balance

If you are a student, working on the weekends is the best thing. You don’t have to cram all of your classes into two days and you get to space out your life. With good organization and planning skills, working on the weekend can make your life 1000% easier.

Cons:

1. The weekends are always busy

Grocery stores, movie theaters and basically anywhere kid friendly are all going to be busy on the weekends, no matter what. Working on the weekends pretty much means that you are constantly working or helping people, especially in retail and customer service positions.

2. You’re working when everyone else is off

While everyone is out on the weekends, you’re stuck at work. While having the weekdays off is wonderful, it can be hard to plan birthday parties or other events with your friends. When you finally get a weekend off, you’ll have no idea what to do with yourself.

3. No one really wants to work on the weekends

While I love working on the weekends, very few people share the same sentiment. It might be hard to find people to switch shifts with you solely because you work on a Saturday or Sunday. Even though not everyone likes to work the weekends, the bonds you make with the other weekend crew members makes all the difference.