The Pain Of A Georgia Sports Fan

The Pain Of A Georgia Sports Fan

Professional sports in GA.

32
The Pain Of A Georgia Sports Fan
Huffington Post

Fans in the great state of Georgia are nothing if not faithful. For a state that only has one professional championship, which were the '95 Braves, Georgia has been lackluster in the sports world.

We have gotten close with the Hawks, Falcons, and even a few times with the Braves before they eventually got the one on 1995. But the 2016-2017 seasons have a different feeling about them. The Hawks, with newly acquired Dwight Howard, are beating teams that they should be losing handedly too (Looking at you OKC and CLE), but getting beat by teams they should be blowing out. However, they hold a decent spot in the Eastern Division.

Then there are the Falcons. If I placed bets, then this is who I would bet on bringing the next championship to Atlanta. Matt Ryan has led the team to an NFC South Title, and continue to have a spectacular offense. Julio Jones is becoming healthy, and Devonta Freeman continues to run the ball down the throat of defenses.

However, living in Georgia has taught me not to be to optimistic. Every time we get close to winning, something happens. I won’t be surprised when an injury to a key player happens, and kills our shot. But I will continue to cheer cautiously.

When I die, I want representatives from all major GA sport’s teams to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time.