The Perfect Article To Read If You Procrastinate

Sometimes you just gotta use your weakness to your advantage.

51
https://www.pexels.com/photo/photo-of-a-woman-thinking-941555/

Anyone who says that they don't procrastinate ever is a liar. Even the most productive student I know (a sophomore, chemical engineer, a former member of the rowing team – my former roommate- she always said that the act of procrastinating always stressed her more than actually doing the work itself) procrastinates at some point during their time at college. Which is why I'm here to say if you procrastinate a lot, it's okay. Seriously.

There's no need to get upset or down on yourself about that. I've procrastinated hours on end playing games on my phone rather than, say write a paper due for class the next day. It's alright. Okay, it really isn't considering the stress that came afterwards, but I'm here to say that if you do have a problem with procrastinating like I do, you can do something to at the very least, change it. I'm not saying get rid of it 'cause most of the time, that's easier said than done.

So. Today, I had 750 words worth of notes due at midnight. The thing is, starting on that was the one thing I did not do. I did get it done nonetheless, but not before procrastinating a bit. And when I say procrastinating a bit, I mean I read two short stories for another class.

Technically, that would be procrastinating on my least favorite kind of assignment. However, I was being productive with my time by doing other work instead of what I probably should do first.

My point: in trying to overcome procrastination, it's not a matter of trying to stop the habit completely. As a step up to kicking the habit, it's more making your procrastination more productive. If you have an essay you don't want to write, you can procrastinate it for a bit by doing something else equally as productive. Like, say, another assignment. Or even cleaning your room/apartment. I know my apartment needs to be cleaned desperately so.

The panic that comes with procrastinating might come soon after, but at the very least, you can be proud of the fact that you were still productive while procrastinating.

So repeat after me, don't try to stop procrastinating completely.

Just make your procrastination more productive.