The Stages Of Procrastination As Told By Sloths

83

It is safe to say that everyone has procrastinated in their life at least once. Even sloths can relate to the terrible stages of procrastination!

Stage 1: Comfort

When you first receive the assignment and see that the due date is in three weeks, you tell yourself it isn't even slightly important to worry about right now. I mean, three weeks is a long time, right?

Stage 2: Distractions

It's been two weeks, but you still have a week left. You decide the best course of action is to binge-watch Netflix while stuffing your face.

Stage 3: Denial

There are three days left, and all your friends are telling you to start your assignment before it's too late. Yet you still believe you have more than enough time and that they are being irrational.

Stage 4: More Denial

You have 48 hours left. You open up your laptop to start writing but before you even get your name written, you convince yourself that it is the perfect time for a nap.

Stage 5: Determination

You have 24 hours left to do this assignment. You realize you have no choice but to drag yourself out of bed and give it your best shot.

Stage 6: Panic

You have 12 hours left. You realize that you are in way over your head and that leaving this for the very last second was a terrible mistake.

Stage 7: Acceptance

You accept that you will have to stay up all night to finish this, and you do everything in your power to stay awake.

Stage 8: The Grand Finale

It's time for class, and you are happy to show off your espresso-driven, sleep deprived creation.

Stage 9: The Celebration

After such a stress-filled week, it is time for you to go out with your friends and celebrate your accomplishments!

Stage 10: The Unrealistic Promise

Monday comes, you get another assignment, and even though you promised yourself you would never procrastinate again, you do and the cycle begins again.