Do you know how priceless you are?

Do you know how priceless you are?

No seriously- do you know?

12
Do you know how priceless you are?
Photo by Jamie Brown on Unsplash

Within a recent couple of days I have been reminded of the verse in bible Psalms 139:14, multiple times. This is one of those verses that we put on mugs and wear on t-shirts because it's encouraging.

Because it is, right?

Psalms 139:14 reads " I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." This verse reminds us that we are God's masterpiece. That we are fearfully and WONDERFULLY made. And knowing that is so good for our weak and weary souls.

But what happens when we have a day where we don't feel so fearfully and wonderfully made? What then? What do we do when our feelings don't line up with the truth?

We praise. We give thanks to God that even though our feelings may not always line up with what God speaks to us, that doesn't mean the truth is any less real. In fact, in those seasons of life where it is hard to believe, the truth becomes more powerful than ever. How great is it that even when we feel worthless the truth of the matter is that we are not because God created us. And what God creates there is worth. There is no part of us that is unworthy of fully claiming our identity as sons and daughters of God.

Think about the things that are priceless. How would you describe them? Irreplacable. Unique. A hidden gem. Genuine.

These are all the ways that God views YOU. Read that again.

If you find yourself forgetting who you truly are, remember these truths. Nothing is comparable to this, nothing is more tender than the love of God. Soak this in friends, because it's good, and its needed.