I Just Want To Press Reset

I Just Want To Press Reset

Saying bye to the good, the bad, and the ugly.

80
I Just Want To Press Reset
Leio McLaren

About a month ago, I needed a break from, well life. Busy-ness took over my brain and anxiety was at an all-time high. While I know now that this season was much needed, it seemed to be a low at a time that I had expected to be a high.

For some reason, my instinct was to just tough it out, shove it under the rug, and just keep moving forward. It didn't take long for that to catch up with me though and before I knew it, I felt like I needed to just press restart on the school year.

Why were things this messy?

How did things pile up so quickly?

Soon enough, I caught myself slowly start to remove some things that I felt were stressing me out and one of the first that I need a break from was Instagram.

After just a few days of being slightly disconnected, I had this epiphany that I should just delete all the photos I had ever posted on the site in an attempt to just reset.

Is this really that big of a deal? Heck no. In fact, people do that all the time. People delete things, start over with social media accounts, hit reset where they can. But I started to think a little more about this and I realized that it wasn't really the photos that I was trying to delete, it was the moments.

It was like those moments where things I could go back and fix. Things I shared about anxiety, low parts, high parts, anything really, could have just gotten deleted. I could have canceled it out and the thought of that actually seemed great.

I realized that I was searching, trying to just control the slightest little thing.

Perhaps you have been there. Maybe it wasn't a silly little social media platform that led you to come to this conclusion. But, maybe you have felt like you need to start over, like you need to delete it all, like those memories, happy or sad, just needed to disappear because they were much more overwhelming than they were freeing.

If you have been in that place, I just want to remind you that those moments, whether posted or not, are important. They have sculpted you into the person you are today. So if you are searching for a way to "reset", press delete, and gain back that control. STOP. These memories didn't take place without reason. You were shaped by those memories and whether you are trying to delete them from your feed or from your memory, just let go of that. Let yourself uncover those, think of them, work through the painful parts of them and keep moving forward instead of starting over and pressing reset on your soul. You are loved, redeemed and renewed and the past can be used to write a story of inspiration, don't delete that from your memory (even if you do from your Instagram feed).