A Prayer For Becoming A Future Wife

A Prayer For Becoming A Future Wife

I want to become a wife of the word, not a wife of the world.

416
A Prayer For Becoming A Future Wife
Jamie Jones

Dear Lord,

I know that you have my future husband picked out for me. I know you know what he looks like, his personality, the way he acts, the way he talks, the way he walks, his flaws, his mistakes, and his heart. I know that you have saved him just for me and that makes him so special. I pray that you mold me into the kind of Christian woman that I need to be for Him.

I pray that you help me be the type of wife that my husband needs in his life. I know I am not perfect, but I pray you turn my emotional, rude habits, into kind, loving, patient, gentle and self-controlled traits. I know that I won't be able to be this type of wife without your help Lord. I know that only you are able to transform me. I ask that you give me a tender heart and continue to strengthen me and doesn't give way to fear. Give me a heart filled with love, compassion, and grace and not one filled with wrongdoings. Help me be able to love him just like you love us.

I pray that you give me the characteristics of a loving a supporting wife. I pray that you give me the right attitude to have no matter the situation we are in. Help me recognize all of his efforts, strengths and courageous acts. I pray that I am able support him in all of his decisions he makes. I pray that I am able to have a servant heart and walk by him in our journey of faith. I pray that I am able to continue to encourage him on his goals. I pray that I become his biggest cheerleader as I watch you work his talents in his life. Remind me to turn my focus away from his faults and flaws, and turn me towards his wonderful achievements.

I pray that we are able to go to battle and have victories together. I pray that we are able to walk with whatever battle comes our way. I pray that we are able to remember to keep you in the center our relationship and trust you with our lives. I pray that you give me the wisdom and understanding to bear through this. Equip us with the armor we need in order to go into battle. I want to be ready to fight this with him by my side.

I pray that you are able to prepare me with whatever path you set my husband and I on. No matter what he is, a soldier, firefighter, farmer, doctor, teacher, missionary I pray that I am able to help meet him where ever he is meant to go.

I pray that I am able to become his best friend. I want to become his enduring wife. I want us to be able to grow old together. I want us to always walk together in life and always have each other by our sides. I pray that our love for each other will never die. I want the days we spend together to feel like Heaven on earth.

I pray that you are able to form me into a Proverbs 31 woman. I pray that I am able to help take care of my family physically and financially. Help me always realize that after a hard day of work I am able to come home and realize how blessed I am for the wonderful family you have given me. Help me able to do all the things that a loving wife and mother should be able to do. Help me be a good cook, cleaner, provider, supporter, and teacher.

Lord, please come into my heart and help prepare me to be the woman my husband needs to be. I am ready to be a working servant in your hands Lord. I want to become a wife of the word, not a wife of the world.