Power To The Positive Self Body Image

Power To The Positive Self Body Image

Hate is a strong word, especially when you use it to describe your own body.
9

As social media use increases, so do the pictures that show us what are bodies should and should not look like. We've all seen them, 'thigh gap this,' 'you shouldn't wear this, if you weigh more than that.' Those are just a few examples. There are also people we see in our day to day lives who feel the need to comment on our bodies, whether it be in person or behind someone's back. These all make it very hard to have a positive self body image. Not to mention the doubts we already have of our own bodies on top of that.

It is becoming more and more common for people to hold negative views about their body. What people think shouldn't really matter, but sadly it does. Will there ever come a day when people stop caring about what others think and say? Who knows.

For now we need to start appreciating our bodies for what they are and stop letting others destroy our positive body images. It is okay to be unhappy with your body, but it is never okay to hate it. Love you for who you are and ignore what anyone else says.

No matter what, never say that you hate your body. If you are unhappy that is fine, but it means that you need to work towards change. That change can be towards physically changing the way you look. Set goals to eat healthier, exercise more or even just change your hair or clothing style. Or it can be mentally, set small goals to change your thinking to be more positive.

Our bodies are the only ones that we will ever have. It is important that we treat them with respect. Never should anyone wish to have a different body. Be comfortable with your body and don't let anyone's expectations determine the way that you feel or want to look. If your happy, that is all that needs to be said.

Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Make a list of all the things that make you feel good about yourself and embrace them. Highlight them and show them off to make yourself feel more confident. If you are comfortable in your own skin no one can stop you.

It may take some time and it might not be easy, but if you believe in yourself anything can happen. Learn to be proud of yourself when you achieve your goals and don't get down when when you feel like you haven't made progress. There will be ups and downs, but as long as you continue to love your body, there will be not greater reward.

Acceptance is the key to most things in life. and yourself for who you are and appreciate your body for all it does for you. Surround yourself with positive people and things, and most importantly, don't let the world bring you down. You are you for a reason and that reason should shine.