The Post-Midterm Talk

The Post-Midterm Talk

How to get through the second half of the semester.
10

The stress of midterms is finally over, so that means we get to relax for a while right? Wrong. It seems as if the toughest work is just getting started for some classes. It makes me feel guilty relaxing over spring break when I know that I should be studying for that test that my professor is giving me the week we get back. Even though midterms are out of the way, there does not seem to be a real break. If you are still feeling stressed about school, here are some suggestions for getting through the second half of the semester.

Start off strong. It definitely helps to plan ahead in order to keep up with all the work throughout the rest of the semester. It may seem overwhelming at first, but if you take one step at a time, it’s not as bad. Working hard now will pay off later. The most important thing is to be productive, but to also take time to give yourself breaks. Some people need time to themselves to relax. Others benefit from spending time with friends to get away from stressful work for a while. Either way, do not sacrifice your health or happiness in order to perfect your GPA. Take a walk. Go for a run. Eat that pizza. Watch your favorite TV show. Go bowling with friends. Take a short snooze. Pet a dog. Do something that makes you forget about school for some time. Just don’t take a few-days-long break. That can be a slippery slope.