My Post-Grad Playlist

My Post-Grad Playlist

Beat the blues away with these great tunes.

16
My Post-Grad Playlist
static-secure.guim.co.uk

It's inevitable that you're getting the post-grad blues if you just graduated. All of the sudden you're no longer a student and the people you saw all the time are hours away. It's easy to get caught up in seasons of Netflix, clicking "Watch Next Episode" waiting for something exciting to happen.

There's no avoiding it, but have no fear my friend, I have made a playlist to cure whatever you're feeling. Whether you're applying for jobs, or you're someone that walks in the light and you're starting a new job, this playlist is perfect. Give it a listen and I promise, you'll feel a little better.

1. "Fake Empire" by: The National

Matt Berninger's voice, I'm convinced, can cure any ailment. This song, of The National's 2007 album, is one of my favorites of all time.

2. "Leave a Trace (Goldroom Remix)" by: CHVRCHES

You can't go wrong with CHVRCHES and you can't go wrong with a CHVRCHES remix. Listen to this jam and you'll forget you're applying for another internship that you're overqualified for.

3. "Only Son" by: Shakey Graves

Slow it down with this feeling-packed song by Shakey Graves. Beautifully arranged and painfully honest. Just like your cover letters at this point, honestly.

4. "Fill in the Blank" by: Car Seat Headrest

"You have no right to be depressed, you haven't tried hard enough to like it...You haven't seen enough of this world yet." Take that lyric how you want, but I find it oddly comforting. Also do yourself a favor and listen to Car Seat Headrest's new album, "Teens of Denial." It will make you want to stop the job search and go punch air somewhere. So maybe don't listen to this if you're trying to be productive.

5. "CAN'T STOP THE FEELING" by: Justin Timberlake

Get out of my face if this song doesn't make you genuinely happy to be alive. The real question isn't "will I ever be hired?" it's "will JT ever make a bad song?" Hey, even the songs on "Justified" were great.

6. "Junk of the Heart (Happy)" by: The Kooks

Honestly one of the happiest songs I've ever heard. Dodge the post-grad blues with this song that will make you smile while you're writing your 40th cover letter.

7. "Venus Fly" by: Grimes and Janelle Monae

Stay with me on this one, Grimes is an acquired taste but this banger with Janelle Monae is incredible. Did you just get a job rejection? Listen to this song.

8. "One Way or Another" by: Blondie

Sorry, this is a cheesy one, but honestly one way or another you're going to get that job/promotion/interview. I think I only know this song because of the Rugrats movie. Take that music snobs.

9. "Dancing with Myself" by: Billy Idol

Head bang to this classic. Dance around your parents' basement. Get yourself pumped for your phone interview.

10. "Lost My Shape" by: David Bazan

Sometimes you don't know what you want, or even who you want to be. One of my favorite songs of all time, Bazan hits the nail on the head for anyone who's had an identity question.

11. "Can't Forget About You" by: Nas and Chrisette Michelle

Take a break from the grind with this one. Light a cigar and pretend you're Nas. And employers would be crazy not to hire Nas, c'mon.

12. "You're Good but I'm Better" by: Kill J

Apply this to all the interviews you go to. You're better than all those other candidates, champ.

13. "Touch the Sky" by: Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco

This one was a given. Go into that interview like you're Kanye West. No one loves Kanye West as much as Kanye West.

Even making this playlist has made me happier about graduation. Let this playlist take you into the most exciting time of your life.

Listen to it here!