8 Pop Songs To Ring In The New Decade On A Positive Note

Nothing like starting a new decade with jams from the last one!!

1009

2019 is in the past and it's time to start the new and improved ROARING 20s! 2020 will hopefully bring nothing but joy and positivity to not only you, but the world itself. what better way to do that than to create a playlist of some of the best songs from 2019 to bring with you into 2020.

Here are 8 songs that should definitely make the cut!!!

"Treat People With Kindness" by Harry Styles

live.staticflickr.com

To start of our playlist, of course, we have to have some Harry Styles. With his new album, "Fine Line" dropping on December 13th, 2019 all the songs are definitely still bangers that need to be streamed. One song to truly start your new decade on a positive note is the chorus themed pop song, "Treat People With Kindness". This song, just as the title suggests, is about finding a way to be nice and accepting of others. The perfect anthem to kick-off 2020!

"10/10" by Rex Orange County

live.staticflickr.com

If you're into an indie-pop sound, Rex Orange County's new album "Pony", released in October 2019, is definitely right up your alleyway. The opening song from the album, "10/10", features a funky pop beat about someone wanting to make this year the best year of their life. The song has a dance vibe to it that really highlights the genuine lyrics being sung. It will for sure help you start off 2020 on the right foot!

"Only Human" by The Jonas Brothers

The Jonas Brothers

live.staticflickr.com

We all know the Jonas Brothers have been a smashing hit since childhood. Now, in 2019, they are back again with their new album "Happiness Begins" that was released in June. On this album there is a mix of songs, highlighting their diverse nature. One song, "Only Human", stands out among the rest. The party pop song tells the story of partying it up with the person that you love throughout the night. What better song to dance into the new year too?

"NASA" by Ariana Grande

upload.wikimedia.org

We all know the queen herself, Ariana Grande. With her latest album, "Thank U, Next" being repackaged as "K Bye 4 Now (SWT Live)" on December 23rd, all of her hits are back on the charts. All of the live songs definitely leave an impact, but "NASA" really takes it home. This song is about wanting space from your boo to really discover who you are. This song about being independent and strong is the perfect attitude to bring into the new decade!

"Juice" by Lizzo

upload.wikimedia.org

Bringing back an older song from January 2019, "Juice" by Lizzo will also be a mood for the new year. This song about loving yourself and being confident in who you are is a perfect way to start 2020. Lizzo, known for her self-confidence, is one of the perfect artists to add to your new decade playlist!

"You Need To Calm Down" by Taylor Swift

upload.wikimedia.org

The album "Lover" released in August of 2019 is filled with many hits. "You Need To Calm Down" (that has a hilarious music video released back in June) was one song that really took everyone by storm. The song is about shutting down haters in a chill and respectful way while still loving yourself. The song and message are definitely something you'll want to include in your 2020 playlist pronto.

"Senorita" by Shawn Mendes ft. Camila Cabello 

upload.wikimedia.org

This song, "Senorita", by couple Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello took over the radio instantly. This song is all about being so in love with the person you're seeing that nothing else matters. It's a great dance song to bring with you into the new decade!

"Boy With Luv" by BTS ft. Halsey

upload.wikimedia.org

This Korean pop band is certainly making waves in the music industry throughout 2019. Their song featuring popular singer Halsey is titled "Boy With Luv". It is a pop hit all about being extremely happy and in love with not only your SO but also yourself. This feel-good song definitely deserves to be added to your 2020 playlist!

We hope your 2020 playlist gets filled with plenty of positive songs to help you ring in the new decade!