No effort will get you nowhere

You Should Expect Poor Results For Poor Effort

"You are what your record says you are" -Bill Parcells

274
Matt Kowardy

You can sit down and type all the words you want: if you don't know what you want to write about, you will get nowhere. You can go out on all the dates you want: it doesn't matter if you can't make a relationship work. All those hours you spend at the gym? Guess what? If you don't have a workout plan and don't know what part of your body you want to work out, you just wasted your time at the gym.

To get your desired goal accomplished, maximum effort and the will to achieve must be present. This goes for everything in life, whether it's your job or even your social life. Much like how people need self-confidence and a little pride to get far in life, who do you think will hire you or give you a chance when you can't even put in the effort to get something done? Well, here's why.

Let's talk about a job for instance. Even when it's a first job or a small job to earn you money for your future, it's always important to do the best you can at work. Any job you have, you took the time to speak to your future employer and be interviewed by him/her. They expect you to perform and make progress when you are on shift and clocked in. How you choose to do your work is on you.

Saying things like "Hey boss! I just got done with my routine and I still got a lot of time to kill. Is there anything else I can do?" or "I'm so glad you hired me for this position! If there's anything else you need me to do or if anyone else is struggling with something, I'd be more than happy to help out!" means more to an employer than you will ever know. Some might say that's brown nosing, but that's the difference between a worker that gets raises when asked for one and promotions and a worker that always gets their hours and pay cut.

If you're still reluctant to take a small job such as a McDonald's cashier or a stock member at a grocery store seriously, well let me put it to you like this: would you rather put on your résumé for your future career that you worked that part-time job for a few years to beef up your bank account when you were in college, or would you like to see your potential boss to see that you quit that job or that you got fired? I'll let you decide.

When you're at work, you tend to build chemistry with your co-workers and friends can come along with it. Who knows? Maybe you can even meet a woman or a man there that you really like, and they might like you too. However, relationship effort is very similar to the work effort that you need to put in.

When you're out on a date, you obviously convinced the person you're going out with that you are the person for them. So, how about we say that the first few dates go well? That leads to a relationship and seeing them regularly. Now, I'm the last person that you would want to talk to about dating advice, but I do know that women like to be treated like they're important in relationships and like guys that are no strangers to bringing out their "dad side" as I call it.

Women just want to feel appreciated and loved by their man and men want someone that will not mess with their feelings. What do people ultimately want in relationships? To get married and start a family, right? Well, sorry to break it to everyone out there, but it doesn't end after the honeymoon. Take them out for dinner, go on vacations, do things the two of you like to do.

What the hell's the point of marrying someone just to constantly ignore them and live your life as if nothing happened? Just to say that you're married? Yeah, have fun filling out those divorce papers. Your wife will drink your tears from your coffee mug while you do it.

There are many more instances and reasons why maximum effort is important, but I'll stop here. You get the point.

Thought the article was over right? Nope. I still have a few more things to say because I'm putting in my effort for this. People that go through life giving it their all are the most successful ones because they believe in themselves and want to go far in life. Those that are procrastinators or think "Meh, I got another day to do it. Let's just put it off for now" are the ones that are still mooching off their friends for money and a place to stay.Just put it into perspective: is it any wonder the Cleveland Browns have been the worst team in the NFL since they returned to the league in 1999 and since then, the New England Patriots have won five Super Bowls? You can try hard and come close, but it doesn't matter without any effort.