Poetry On Narrative: Diamonds And Pearls

They study harder, they work harder, and they love harder.

8

This a poem for the girls who have had to work to be where they are. I mean the girls who started at the bottom and had every odd set against them. They are the ones that fight every day to be better. They challenge themselves everyday because they strive to be their absolute best. These women are fueled by passion and dedication.

They study harder, they work harder and they love harder. These are the women who often go unrecognized in a crowd because they are not always sparkly. But, they deserve the chance to shine.

They are not glittering diamonds, but they are the pearls of our society. They may not be cut into a perfect mold, but they are strong and beautiful down to their core.

Diamonds and Pearls by Allie Brown

In a sea of diamonds, sits a tiny pearl.

She is not sparkling,

She does not have edges,

She is not perfectly formed.

But, she holds herself high beyond the sea.

Among the sea of diamonds, sails emeralds, rubies and sapphires.

Each one glimmering beneath the sun and shining upon the ocean.

But, there is still only one pearl.

As the ocean fills with more sparkling gems, the pearl does not sink.

She continues to rise above sea-level.

How does a pearl find herself among glittering diamonds?

The pearl beat the odds.

She came from a dirty oyster,

The one that sits at the rock-bottom of the seas.

But, she traveled to the beyond.

She has no edges, but is smooth.

She is un-calloused from the deep.

She is not perfectly formed, but she is unique.

She may not sparkle or even glimmer

But, she does shine.

So, she may not be a diamond, or a emerald or even a ruby,

But, she is a tiny pearl.