Time To Put Down 'The Pink Drink'

Time To Put Down 'The Pink Drink'

Attention, Plexus fanatics, it's time you see past the pink hype.

13452
Kristy Bird / Instagram

Lately, I've just seen far too many of the 'I love Plexus and my pink drink' social posts. Have you done any sort of research into the negative side effects of this product and how it's nothing more than a massive pyramid scheme?

It's really a simple Google search away. Type in 'Plexus lawsuit' 'Plexus banned in Australia' 'Plexus Slim Class Action Lawsuit' 'The Pink Drink Scam,' the list goes on and on.

Sure, you see plenty of skinny girls posting pictures of their 'pink drink' and you think, "I want to be just like them!" And in one Facebook message or comment, you are one of them. Because guess what, that's their 'job'. To suck in as many unsuspecting girls as they can so they can make money off you, and probably get free shipping on their next order of chemicals.

If you look at something and think, "Wow, this is too good to be true" it probably is. Also, if you have been trying to lose weight for months and you take this drink a handful of times and then you start to lose weight, don't you think that's just incredibly unnatural? Losing weight is difficult, it requires a complete lifestyle change, lots of dedication and hard work. It does not happen overnight. Excuse me, it does not happen in a safe and long lasting manner overnight.

Plexus hasn't been on the market all that long, so who knows what the long-term side effects of taking this product are? Yet, the appeal of feeling 'better' and losing weight quickly overshadows the downsides of this un-researched product. Plexus does not even have an FDA approval, but the company does have an FDA WARNING that was issued in 2014, which you can read here. It basically states that the products are illegally marketed as drugs, without proper instructions for safety. Yes, this is from 2014 but if you Google 'Plexus FDA Warning' you will find numerous articles, some as recent as April 2017.

You might also see the 'Plexus Parties' and think "That's so cool. This company must be really amazing to offer that to their ambassadors." That's exactly what they want you to think. But all it is more free advertising and marketing for them. All these girls are posting pictures, using the company hashtags, posting Snapchat stories and promoting the crap out of their event and Plexus doesn't have to lift a finger.

If you want to feel better, and want to improve your gut health then eat REAL food. Chances are all the fried food you eat does not make your stomach feel good. All the greasy and trans-fat laden food you eat does not make you feel good. All the pre-packed food with ingredient lists as long as CVS coupon receipts does not make you feel good. What does make you feel good is natural food, fruits and veggies and lean protein. If you are looking to help your digestion, drink lots of water (you are supposed to drink 64 fluid ounces a day) and eat some yogurt that has protein and probiotics.

Plexus Block is taken with food and only allows your body to absorb half the sugar and half the carbs of whatever you're eating. HELLO! This is so unnatural and disturbing. If you are concerned about your sugar intake, then make the effort to physically cut out the sugar in your diet. Take out sugar in your coffee, don't drink soda or sports drinks, stop eating candy. Don't take some unnatural pill to make you absorb only half your food. That's just so absurd. Also, not all carbs are bad- your body needs them.

Just as alarming, these drinks and pills make you not feel hungry. Does no one see a problem with this? Feeling hungry is your body's way of communicating it needs nutrients to sustain your daily life. Taking something that takes this feeling away is so SO dangerous especially if you combine these drinks and pills while working out or leading an active lifestyle. Just because you feel hungry, does not mean you have to go and eat a bag of chips, or a cheeseburger or a tub of ice cream. Eat a salad, have some lean protein, make a smoothie - give your body the nutrients it needs to keep you alive and functioning.

Furthermore, starving your body or "curbing your appetite" is not a healthy or effective way to lose weight. Starving yourself makes your body think it will be without food for a long time so it eats away ate your muscle for the nutrients it needs and actually stores fat, not knowing when the next meal will come. The most effective way to lose weight is to build up your metabolism by eating small, nutrient rich meals every two to three hours.

Eat healthy food. Workout. Throw away the ridiculous pink drink, and stop helping this manipulative company use you as free marketing and as a guinea pig for how all these pills and potions will affect you in the long run. If you want a lifestyle change, then get off your couch, get a gym membership, throw out your junk food and put in some blood, sweat and tears achieve your goal. Yes, it will take time. Yes, it will be hard. Nothing worth achieving comes easy. Stop taking the easy way out and actually work for your goals. You will feel so much better for so many reasons actually putting in the work than beginning a diet of pills and potions.