Please, Don't Date me

Please, Don't Date me

Not your average dating post...

39
Please, Don't Date me
PGATour

Please, don't date me.

No, I am serious.

Before you continue, let me stop you to assure you that there is no hidden agenda in this article. I am not looking to point out the faults of my past relationships, to list my deepest romantic desires; to contrast the worth of my tragic flaws in despite of my most appealing qualities, nor deluge you in generic quotes about waiting for love or the importance in being aware of the fallacies of time--that someone will come around.

It is as conspicuous as it gets.

Don't date me.

I have a job, payments, a gym schedule, and many responsibilities to be on top of. This requires a decent chunk of my time. I aim to hit a certain goal each week and I would not want to defer my flow.

Don't date me.

I have a very honest family that would have to process you, and minimum patience to wait for the approval. Not to mention, God forbid, if the approval was not given. No, I couldn't just go ahead and date you before their opinion, because without their perspective I'm not even positive how I'd feel about you. This is a leap of faith, and it is not always reliable.

Don't date me .

I also go to school full time, when I am not working you will usually find me at my university. Besides the hours that it requires me to attend, there is also the many hours of studying, and the writing of papers that could take days. It is already hard enough to focus there, I couldn't imagine having to also have to focus on another person's feelings in a constant fashion..

Don't date me.

I'm not the greatest with a cell phone. There will be times I am doing life. There will be times I do not feel like being on my phone. I am not always reachable. I do not think I would want to change that.

Don't date me.

I do not do couple pictures, and we most likely have the same good side.

Don't date me.

I have a lot of friends, best friends, and they have meant more to me for many more years than it will take a while for you to accumulate to. When I am not at school,or working, I am probably around these people. Friends of both sexes, that you would have to trust not to question. We have an absolute blast, whether we are going out, or staying in. We go on adventures, talk about real things, and laugh about everything. These people have filled my heart with so much love for so long, I am not even very sure I could fit any more in there!

Don't date me.

Because there will always, always, be another love of my life... named sleep. I long the feeling of being in a big T-shirt and shorts under a thick comforter, this is sexy to me.... There is probably nothing more satisfying than the feeling of shutting my eyes or resting my brain... And I am very doubtful you could compete.

Don't date me.

I get cooler every day. Do you get cooler every day?

Don't date me.

I have small goals, and I have large goals. I have a career path and many steps to hit along the way. I don't know where I'll end up, if I would even remain in the same state, how much time I'd have to spend at my job, or if I could travel like I would love to do. It simply would not be sustainable.

Don't date me.

I am probably much funnier than you could possibly ever arise to, and that may cause you to be insecure..

Don't date me.

I never understood why as individuals we are conditioned to feel incomplete without some form of significant other in plain sight or even far in theory. Why is it that we feel that a date with one particular person is placed higher on a pedestal than eating a meal with a friend? Why is it that society looks at growing old by yourself in your own bed as lonely or insufficient? Why does falling short of a specific and titled union or matrimony render a life not lived to the fullest capacity? Is it instinctual, or is it shallower than that?

Please, don't date me.

I am so young, and I feel SO full with everything that has been offered to my life.. as it is.. I do not feel inclined to further companionship, as though what I already have; the people who continue to surround me, has not pervaded my satisfaction to its brim. I live a life that is oozing excitement for every accomplishment and every tomorrow.. And I do not think I am wrong for wanting nothing more.