The Best Playlist For A Road Trip With Your Girlfriends

The secret to a successful road trip with friends is an excellent playlist!

2284
The Best Playlist For  A Road Trip With Your Girlfriends

I love to travel and I love taking road trips! It could be across my county, across the state of Indiana, or across the country but I love the feeling of doing something different and searching for adventure. The best thing to add to traveling fun when you're with friends, is music!

I have a secret to share. And you’re not allowed to judge me on this one.

You know the people that you see at stop lights or on the interstate who are noticeably singing in their car, by themselves? Or how about the ones you see going ham as they dance in their car? Head bobbing and arms moving.

I am that girl.

I am guilty of car singing and dancing and I am not ashamed to admit it. What is even better, is that most of my friends do it too. The best way to enjoy your road trip with your friends is to have an excellent playlist. I have a wide variety of songs that I enjoy. No matter the genre, I have the perfect playlist for your next road trip with your group of girlfriends.

1. “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” –The Proclaimers

This one is and obvious choice. There is no better way to start off the many miles ahead of you except with this song right here. And let’s be honest, we all picture Melissa McCarthy from "Identity Thief" as soon as this song begins playing. If I had to guess, I would assume that you try to dance like her too. I’m not judging.

2. “Compass” –Lady Antebellum

You can never go wrong with a Lady A song, but this is one that just makes you so happy to be alive! A great one to add to the beginning of your playlist as your trip begins.

3. “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!” –Shania Twain

This was one that I distinctly remember playing her CD over and over again so I could memorize all of the words when I was younger. Obviously when it’s an all girls trip, this one is a must!

4. “Fast Car” –Jonas Blue ft. Dakota

I am seriously obsessed with this song and I am sort of sad that it took me so long to find it! This song was originally by Tracy Chapman but this remix is awesome! Check it out for yourself.

5. “Jolene” –Dolly Parton

If you don’t have at least one Dolly song on your playlist then you are not living life to the fullest. I also really like the Miley Cyrus version of this song. Either way- this is a fun one to belt out in the car!

6. “Biscuits” –Kacey Musgraves

A great country song to add to the mix. And so applicable to life! “Mind your own biscuits, and life will be gravy!”

7. “Me Too” –Meghan Trainor

“If I was you, I’d want to be me too, I’d want to be me too, I’d want to be me too.”

Look it up! It’s a good one. So much sass for just one short song! Not to mention the dancing opportunities that you have while in the car.

8. “Believe” –Cher

This used to be my jam when I was younger. I blame my mother who was raised in the 80’s for me being obsessed with this song and knowing every word…You better believe when I was like 6, I hit Every. Single. Note….Obviously.

9. “Ain’t Your Mama” –Jennifer Lopez

If J-Lo sings it, you know it’s great, and it is probably all about empowering women. That’s exactly what this one is about. “I ain’t gonna be cooking all day, I ain’t your mama. I ain’t gonna do your laundry, I ain’t your mama.” You get what I’m saying?

10. “Hey Mickey” – Toni Basil

I’m almost positive that I must have began rocking out to this one when I was still in the womb. This song and I go way back.

11. “Go All Out” –D- MAUB

I have a special connection to this song so I had to add it. It has been played on many of my road trips with friends. As a personal fav, it brings back some great memories, it has an awesome beat, and it’s a Christian song! So jam out for Jesus!

12. “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” –Cyndi Lauper

If this is an all girls trip, do I even need to explain why this song is vital? If you don’t know this song, I am going to be super sad, so add it to your list immediately.

13. “Rise” –Katy Perry

Talk about taking charge and getting pumped up. This is a good one to dance dramatically to. Not that I would know…this one was even featured for the Olympics this year!

14. “21” –Hunter Hayes

If you don’t have a Hunter Haye’s song on this list than you’re obviously not a 20 year old something gal, that being said, I would recommend adding this one to your list.

15. “I’ll Think of a Reason Later” –Lee Ann Womack

We all have that one ex that we think of when we sing a couple songs and this is one of those that if you’ve been dumped, you’ll “think of a reason later” of why you don’t like his new woman.

16. “Perfect Strangers” –Jonas Blue ft. JP Cooper

I’m sorry, but I HAD to add another one by Jonas Blue. This song is so catchy. And it is a newer song to add to this list of classics.

17. “Bye Bye Bye” –NSYNC

What better way to end a playlist than with one of the best. NSYNC will help end your playlist on a fun note and you’ll be able to reminisce a bit with your girls.

I told you I didn’t have a specific genre preference but if you like variety than I think you'll enjoy my playlist. As a child from the 90’s, I had to add a lot of classics to make this playlist so great but I definitely didn’t want to forget some of the more recent songs. This playlist will be one that you and your girlfriends will be able to rock out too on your road trip! Safe travels and never forget to always sing and dance!