Planning Around College Football On Saturdays For Dummies

It's just common courtesy to schedule your events around football games.

32
Savannah Wallace

Ladies and gentleman, the best season of the year is upon us. That's right, football season!!! Now, I realize some of you may not agree, but you're wrong. Sorry. With that being said, let's talk about something very important: scheduling events on Saturdays. Here's an idea, don't. For those of you who are going to disregard that, I have some advice.

Let's start with the simple fact that college football is a BIG deal in Alabama. I mean come on, look what state you're in. With it being such a big deal, that means that most people really like to watch their football on Saturdays, and they'd rather you not interrupt them. If you just must have your party, wedding, shower, whatever, on a Saturday, plan it around Alabama and Auburn football. This is just out of respect people. We like our football Saturdays, so if you must interrupt them, allow us our time to watch the two biggest games at least.

Here's another idea, plan your event on the bye weekends. It's not like the even just has to be on a specific Saturday that has the big games playing. Bye, weekends are the best for everybody. There isn't a big game on, just ones we choose to fill the void with. It's really a win-win situation. You get your super big event, and you won't lose anyone coming to it because you were smart enough to plan it on a bye week!

Now, some of you (I won't call you what you are, but you know who you are) are going to plan your events and not give a crap what game it interrupts. If you are these people, we really don't like you, but, regardless, l highly suggest you put the games on a TV somewhere at this oh so important event. It's a common courtesy for us normal, football loving people. We'll gladly attend if you'd just please have the game on somewhere. Everyone will love you that much more if you allow them to watch their football games.

Finally, there are those of you who choose to not only schedule events right smack in the middle of a game, but also refuse to turn it on a TV somewhere at said event. The only thing I have to say to you is good luck. Nobody likes you, and many of the people you invite probably won't show up to your event. Oh, and those that do show up will more than likely be streaming the game on their cell phone. Have fun with that. It's your own fault, really. We tried to warn you, but you just wouldn't listen. Football is important, end of discussion.