11 A.M. Kickoffs Are The Worst And College Football Should End Them

11 A.M. Kickoffs Are The Devil And Every UA Student Can Agree

I hate them, you hate them, everybody hates them.

528

Last weekend Alabama "played" Texas A&M; and it was actually an enjoyable time. It was a fun atmosphere, fans were excited that our stretch of preseason games was over, and because of the fact that we actually may have a competitive half of football. I had a lot of fun and it was a nice tease of the conference games to come. Now I wake up the next morning asking myself "I wonder who we play this weekend?" naturally I get excited when we actually play in conference games.

So I grab my phone and after messing up my passcode a couple times I get it unlocked and open the ESPN app to get next weeks game. To my disliking, I noticed we were playing Louisiana-Lafayette. Now two things went through my mind at this point in time.

First, "Oh man, this one's gonna be ugly I might not make it to halftime." Second, "It looks like I get to make some money this week."

Both seemed like decent, doable options, but then there it was, looking back at me with that evil smile. 11 a.m.

Lucas Film

I was disgusted, furious, and a little hurt. It made me feel like I should do something about it. So that's why I'm here, to give you all the reasons why 11 a.m. kickoffs are the living embodiment of evil and need to go away.

1. They make you wake up early on a weekend

Nobody likes getting up early, especially before noon on a Saturday.

2. It's dangerous for the players

I don't really have a ton of facts to back this up, but what I do know is from experience. When you wake up in the morning your body is pretty dehydrated because of your sleep. I've had a number of embarrassing cramps at early morning football practices because I wasn't properly hydrated. I know these guys are getting taken care of by the best of the best, but I'm willing to be that the average college student isn't looking forward to waking up in the morning and the first thing they do is pound a gallon of water.

3. They eat Kit Kats down the middle

Not breaking it into two and just taking one big bite it's the worst thing in the world... Can't trust 'em.

4. It's never a good matchup

How many times have you seen USC and Stanford play at 11 a.m.? How about Ohio State and Michigan? Or even the Army and Navy? The answer is never. It's always a big school against a little school and for the most part, they are massive blowouts. The sole purpose of the game is so the bigger school funds all the other's sports teams. So they basically show up and get absolutely embarrassed and get millions of dollars for it. Ok I know that sounds kind of genius but when you sit down and actually watch the game, it's sad.

5. They saw "Infinity War" before watching any other Marvel movies

Just why...?

6. None of the fans will show up/stay for very long and it's kind of expensive

All of a sudden if you are a fan who is traveling from out of the state you have a hell of a trip ahead of you. You probably need to take Friday off to get down here. You need to get a hotel/motel because it's so early. Then you need to wake up at like 7:30 a.m. to get up and get ready. If your tailgating you probably need to show up at the quad by 8 – 9 a.m. and if you're of age you need to vacuum down about nine beers because it's a tailgate. You also need to find some form of food whether you make it wait in line for it, or if you're content with eating $7 popcorn and nachos inside.

And on top of everything, you will want to leave by the first quarter because it's such an ugly game. Now if you show me, someone who is willing to do this for Alabama vs Louisiana-Lafayette, I will gladly give that person a firm handshake and $5.

As you can see, 11 a.m. games are just the worst. They aren't good for the fans, players, or for the quality of life. What should really happen is that the earliest game played on Saturdays should at the earliest be at 1 pm. A lot of these problems get solved that way. You do get to sleep in after a long Friday night, you do have time to travel to the game, you do have time to make your own food ext. But will it happen? Probably not. But that doesn't mean we can't kick and scream to whoever runs college football, that stuff like this isn't cool. So share this article and it might happen.

But we still say Roll Tide!!!