6 Perks Of Working In Boston During The Summer

It's wicked awesome.

91

1. The views are spectacular.

The atmosphere and the views in Boston are like no other. There is no better way to start and end the day than by taking in all of your surroundings during your walk between the train and the office. Working in the Seaport this summer, I get the greatest views of the seaport, both in the morning and in the late afternoon, and I never want my five-minute walk to end. Walking through the city and gazing at the beautiful Boston skyline will always be one of my absolute favorite things about working in Beantown. And more often than not, you will get the chance to watch the sunset behind this stunning city.

2. Countless happy hour spots.

There is no better way to unwind and destress than by going to happy hour with your coworkers and enjoying that well-deserved post-work drink. From boujee rooftop decks, to dive bars, to a nice place right on the water, wherever your happy hour destination might be, the atmosphere is always bound to be a fun and great way to take your mind off of work for a few hours. Some of my all-time favorites include The Daily Catch, which is always filled with young and socialized workers, as well as the Lookout Rooftop and Bar at the Envoy Hotel, which provides patrons with the chance to sip on their craft cocktails while enjoying the picturesque view of the Boston skyline.

3. Easy to get to Fenway Park.

After a long day of work, there is nothing better than heading over to Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox play. It is extremely simple to hop on the commuter rail or the subway right from the city and head right over. Order yourself a Fenway frank, order a drink, and enjoy the upbeat atmosphere that is Fenway Park. It's always a quick ride and the best way to reward yourself for completing a day full of hard work and grind.

4. Boston has the most tasty lunch spots.

No matter where your office is located, there are bound to be countless lunch spots that never fail to satisfy that mid-day hunger. From food trucks, to quick takeout joints, to fun sit down restaurants, your hour lunch break is bound to be a great one wherever you decide to go in Boston.

5. There are so many places to work outside.

If you ever need a break from the office and need to get some fresh air, Boston is the perfect city to get work done while spending some time outdoors. There are endless outdoor spots for you to sit back and enjoy a nice Summer day, all the while still getting your work done. After being locked up in the office for a few hours, working right along the Boston Harbor is the perfect change of scenery to push through the rest of the work day. It's summertime, there is no need to stay indoors all the time. With all of these outdoor areas, take advantage!

6. Boston is full of endless opportunities.

Wherever you are working in Boston, you never know who you might meet and what opportunities you may come across. This city is filled with successful individuals who you can learn from and who you can gain experience through. Open up your eyes and you never know what you might find in this city.