7 Perks Of Being Single On Valentine's Day

7 Very Real Perks Of Being Single On Valentine's Day

It's kind of the best?

108

I'm not really one to be the optimist, but sometimes you have to look for the positives if everyone around you is happy.

And yes, I am scheduled to post the week of V-Day, but this will probably get buried among the other "single" articles then... That, and maybe I should save that week for a chocolate review.

But, believe it or not, there are actually some great perks to being single on Valentine's Day. Here are 7 of them:

No date stress.

Unless you're doing Galentine's day or something equivalent to it, without a partner to worry about, you don't have to worry about finding the perfect present for them, or planning the perfect date. You can just focus on work or school, or whatever else is already stressing you out enough. Also, if you have a free day, you have a REAL free day... You can do whatever you want.

You can still pig out on chocolate, and I mean, pig out.

Especially if you're one of those people overly concerned about being "dainty" around a potential date. Not to mention, you don't have to share. This is your chocolate. You're treating YOURSELF!

Cheap candy day.

Ah, February 15th, how I love thee... How you giveth many the opportunity to replenish the candy stock for extraordinarily low prices... And if one is single, once again, one does not have to share!

Really, you just get treat yourself.

There's this one saying: If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. So you don't have anyone to take you out... just take yourself out. Go out the movie you actually want to see instead of a cheesy date movie. (Unless, of course, that's what you want)! Go out to a restaurant you actually want to eat at, fancy or not, and, of course, buy yourself something you actually want, because nobody knows you better than... you!

Or it's totally acceptable to stay in.

Don't want to be surrounded by couples smooching all over each other, or just can't go out in general due to monetary reasons or other obligations? No problem! It's totally acceptable to curl yourself up in a blanket burrito with some Ben & Jerry's and binge your favorite shows or movies. Hell, that's what a lot of people think we're doing anyway, only we're not always sobbing over loneliness, maybe just a fictional character (who you may or may not really love).

As much as V-Day reminds us of the good, it can also remind us of the bad parts of relationships.

I've talked about stress before... There are people out there who put way too much faith into this holiday... I mean, come on, it's not even a bank holiday. Calm down! Your relationship doesn't have to ride on getting the best date if you already love each other outside of that. And then there are the ones who are too desperate to not be single that day and end up rushing into bad things... Come on people. Just... no. It's totally OK to be single.

Wine.

Or cider? Or cocktails? No need to cheers, no need to make/pour two drinks (unless YOU want more), and most of all, more for you.

I guess the big conclusion here is... No worries, no sharing, more chocolate, more you time.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.