Perks Of A Monochromatic Lifestyle

Perks Of A Monochromatic Lifestyle

You Can Never Own Too Much Black

367
Perks Of A Monochromatic Lifestyle

One of my favorite quotes is “I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.” And it is true. Anyone who’s met me is instantly introduced to my monochromatic lifestyle. I’m the girl who wears all black. I own probably 30 black tops, 10 black leggings, 5 black coats, 8 black dresses and 15 pairs of black shoes. Keep in mind that this is not an exaggeration; just ask anyone who’s seen my closet.

If there is an all black themed party or bar night, I guarantee at least six girls at the party are wearing my clothes. On any given day at least seventy percent of my outfit is black (my hair not included). On the rare days I do wear color my own friends have said they didn’t even recognize. Example; “Oh my god how long have you been sitting here? I didn’t even see you cause you’re wearing green!”. It was like a dark olive green, but regardless even that threw people for a loop.

I’ve been asked before why I wear all black. It’s not because I am goth, or emo, or severely depressed. It is for a variety of reasons. Black is hands down the best color to have in your wardrobe (or as your wardrobe) and here are eight reasons why.

Black is Slimming

Black always slims you down. It is perfect for that time of month when bloating makes you feel like a whale. Or the morning after you drunk ate an entire pizza by yourself completely unaware of how full you are. Whatever it is that is making you feel larger than you actually are, an all black outfit will make you feel like a tall and slim super model.

Black is Stain Proof

Spaghetti sauce, pen ink, iced coffee…no matter what stain you throw at it, black is the best at concealing your spills. So if you have a long day ahead of you, wear black because you never know what stains will come your way.

Never Goes Out of Style

There was never and will never be a time when black is considered “out of style”. Any simple black article of clothing in your wardrobe is most likely going to last you a lifetime.

Good for Any Occasion

Party? Wear black. Wedding? Wear black. Interview? Wear black. Regardless of the occasion I can almost grantee an all black ensemble is appropriate.

Give Your Accessories the Spotlight

Wearing black allows you to make accessories the highlight of your outfit. Because black is so subdued, any accessory (necklace, scarf, handbag) you throw with it will be the focal point.

Repetition is Irrelevant

Black clothes usually look the same to people, which makes repeating outfits irrelevant when choosing what to wear. I have about 10 black tank tops that all look the same (because I hoard black clothing), but I could probably get away with having just one and wearing it all the time.

Mix and Match Your Entire Wardrobe

The best part about having a predominantly black wardrobe is that EVERYTHING MATCHES. Choose the first top you see and the first bottoms you see and I guarantee they go together. Black goes with everything, so fill your wardrobe with it.

You Can’t Help but Feel A Little Badass

If you’re familiar with fashion in the 80’s, black was the trendy color to sport. The 80’s were also the time of punk rock, tattoos, leather and grunge. So honestly, who wouldn’t feel a little badass in an all black outfit?