Perks Of Having Your Siblings As Your Best Friends

Though annoying at times, you will always have partners in crime.

12
Jeremiah Mikre

Let’s be honest, when you are younger you’re not exactly the biggest fans of your siblings. You are usually fighting over each others things, or tattling on them for what they said to you last week. Though, it seems as you get older things tend to change. As odd as it might sound now, you might actually learn to like your siblings at some point. Crazy right? Once your siblings move out or you both hit the age where you both actually mature, talking to them seems a lot easier and you might actually miss them at times. Once you hit that point where you become close with your siblings you finally see all the positive things about it. So here are some perks you might have noticed yourself about being close with your siblings.

The first thing is, you can fight with them and never technically have to make-up. Sometimes you just have those days where your siblings do something really stupid or they are just annoying you to the max. Then you end up getting in a fight and saying some pretty horrible things that you probably wouldn’t say to most people. Then five minutes later one of you finds a funny video or finds something out that you just have to tell each other! Before you know, it you're laughing again and don’t even remember what you were fighting about just a few moments ago. So, you get to fight like you do with other people, but the perk is you don’t have to go through the stress of making up.

When it comes to your siblings, these are the people that see you at your worst and best moments. By that I mean they see you wake up in the morning looking like you just got done filming a zombie movie or seeing you after you just got ready for two hours. The perk in that is they will always be honest with you! People tend to give compliments but not actually mean them, but when it comes to your siblings, they will always tell you what they really think. They will tell you “Hey, you look really rough today” or “That top really doesn’t go with that bottom.” Even though it might get annoying at times, be thankful there are people out there that will be 100-percent honest with you. It’s a sign they truly love you and don’t want you looking like a total weirdo.

This next one can be a pain but also a very big perk depending on who is who. Free stuff! The cool thing about having your siblings still live with you is you can borrow their things so that you don’t actually have to go out and buy them yourself! Though your siblings might not feel the same if they are the ones you're taking from, for you it’s great! The key thing to this one is, you actually have to ask. I learned when I was younger that your big sister won’t actually be okay with you taking her favorite shirt without asking first. So, the next time you see something cool in one of your siblings' bedrooms, just ask and I am sure they would be happy to loan it to you.

Another perk to being close with your siblings is when they sort of become your second parents. Though you might not always realize it, your parents actually are very busy people and have many things to take care of during the day. That is when your siblings step in. If you ever need a ride somewhere and your parents can’t take you, or if you need a few bucks for the movies, they'll be there. Surprisingly, if you are nice to your siblings they will be willing to help you out. Most importantly, if you ever need help with a problem and need advice but your parents aren’t there or you don’t want them finding out, your siblings will always be there to listen. They are sort of like free therapy and forever secret keepers. Because as you all know, the #1 thing when it comes to sibling code is whatever you tell them they can’t tell Mom and Dad.

The last but greatest perk of it all is you have forever best friends. No matter how much you fight or disagree, these crazy people you call your siblings will always be a part of your life. No matter the circumstance or how much time has passed, you can always call them up when you need help or just to talk about life. These are the people that have seen every part of you and have known you your whole life and still love you. They might not always like you, but they will always love you. You will never be alone or friendless because you will always have your siblings by your side taking on the world with you. So, the next time you find yourself relying on your sibling for something, don’t forget to tell them how much you love them and how glad you are to have them as your forever best friend.