The 8 Things You Need To Take A Perfect Bath

The main key: relaxation

39

So, as a college student, I don't have a bathtub in which I could in good conscience take a bath in. Therefore, while most people are excited for family, friends, and food this Thanksgiving Break, I'm grateful for the bathtub that is awaiting me.

It sounds kind of silly, but I love my bath time. It is part of my self-care, and, at this point, I have my set-up down pat. Here's how I personally take a ~perfect~ bath.

1. No one is home

In my head, I like to think this is to be kind to my parents, not wanting to bother them with my music or whatever I am watching on Netflix. However, let's be honest, I want to be home alone so I can blast Taylor Swift with no hesitation.

2. Candles, please

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp9yxkbg0ab/

Not only do they smell good, but they also help set up the ~mood~.

3. A hot beverage

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp-K_jmhHcB/

Pick out your favorite mug, brew your favorite drink, and enjoy!

4. Music

Setting up the right playlist is very important. Sometimes something calm is the way to go and I'll hit up a pre-made Spotify playlist, but I tend to fall back to my favorite artists.

5. Bath bomb/bubble bath

Personally I am more of a bubble bath fan, but either way, I love how fancy it makes my bath feel. Lol, I realize that it's literally bubbles, but they just add a bit of happiness.

Epsom salts are also an awesome way to spice up a bath and help relax your muscles, too!

6. Perfect water temperature

Okay, tbh, this is an art. Having too hot of a bath is just miserable, but the water can't be lukewarm, either. Also keep in mind if you are drinking a hot beverage because that'll affect what you think is hot and not, too.

7. Netflix/Hulu/YouTube

Grab your laptop or phone, and start watching your current TV show or a movie! This helps your relaxation and is good entertainment while you soak!

8. A good book

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp97BSUHJQu/

It may be Russian roulette with reading books in the bath, but this is my favorite bath activity. I can completely unplug from technology and simply lay and read for however long I want.

One more week until Thanksgiving break. I can power through for the sake of the bath that is awaiting me!