People's Creative Tattoos and their Meaning

I Asked People What Their Tattoo Meant To Them- Here Are The Responses

No, not every tattoo has a meaning, but a lot of people hold some of their tattoos near to their hearts.

10
Personal Photo

Tattoos are a permanent form of expression, ranging from small to very large pieces, and they are a very popular form of art in our society. We get tattoos for many reasons, like some get them in memory of someone they love, matching with a loved one, a design or picture they enjoy looking at, or even for no background purpose at all. I asked a few people what one of their tattoos on their body meant to them, and here are the responses.

"I have a tattoo that resembles the day my life changed forever. It's the day my 17 year old cousin Amanda passed away from texting and driving. It holds so much meaning to my life and I wouldn't want any other date permanently engraved into my body."

"My tattoo is a cancer zodiac sign, it symbolizes my bestfriend who I had considered my little brother, who passed away in October 2014. It means that he's always going to be remembered and always with me. It's also my dads zodiac sign, so it symbolizes my dad too."

"My grandma's birth year because I love her and she's helped raise me."

"I got a tattoo of "I love you most" in my mom's handwriting on the two year anniversary of her death. Every night before I went to bed I would tell her I loved her, she would tell me she loved me too, I would say that I loved her more, and she would say it was impossible. We had matching "I love you more" "I love you most" rings as well."

"I have a bee because I like bees. I don't think tattoos necessarily need to have meaning."

"My mother and I got matching tattoos cause over the last year I've realized how great she really is."

"So I actually got a small heart on my ring finger because I'm low key a mushy romantic and I hate rings so maybe one day my spouse will get the same tattoo that will last forever because rings are just jewelry to me. And it's also bad ass because it on my finger. I don't know, people always think it's so cool and I just love my little finger heart."

"I have three children and I love them with all my heart. So I have a tattoo over my heart. It's the infinity symbol with three lines and my children's names are intertwined in the lines. And it has a big heart on one end(symbolizing my heart) and three small hearts on the other end (symbolizing my 3 kids) ."