Other People's Opinions Of Me Don't Affect Me Anymore

I don't really care what others think of me and neither should you

845
https://www.pexels.com/photo/abandoned-antique-architecture-building-263532/

As a young adult I obviously am wrapped around what others think of me. In the past, I have tried my best to maintain a perfect image to the world and show the outside world only the good stuff. I've stopped that.

Why?

I don't like to lie. Not only to other people, but to myself. Life isn't always perfect. It isn't always fun and exciting but all most people do is only show that part of their life. That's just not realistic, it's fake.

I've let what others think of me affect me before but I've decided to not let that cloud my judgement anymore. The only person that truly knows you is yourself. You will always be the best judge of your own character.

Sure, sometimes we can't see all of our flaws but why do we always have to be so wrapped up with what's wrong with us? No one's perfect and I'm sorry to break it to you guys, but you can't fix all your flaws.

Yes, you can fix a lot of things about yourself but there is always going to be something you don't necessarily love about yourself. Or something about you that might annoy others. You're not perfect and no one should ever expect you to be.

People will always judge you based on what they want to judge you on. My question is, why does their opinion have to matter?

You can have everyone love you and say what a great person you are, but if you don't see it in yourself then what's the point?You have to see the good in yourself and not need the validation of others sway your opinion. What other people think of you can't define you and never will. You are the only person who can make yourself happy and define who you are.