The 4 People You Meet On A Plane

The 4 People You Meet On A Plane

Airports and planes are honestly some of the best places to people watch.

44
The 4 People You Meet On A Plane
Wikimedia

Everywhere you go, there are people. You interact with different people all of the time, and each of them are different. Some of them you find fascinating, disgusting, quirky, or dull. You find these people in several places, and you may or may not enjoy it. Some people do prefer to people watch while others think of themselves as stalkers when they do that. However, whenever you are on a plane you can't help but people watch. At the gate, you look around at the people who are flying with. You can't help but stare at the people you are sitting next you. You make random and awkward eye contact with some of them during the flight when you are walking down the aisle to go use the bathroom. It happens, and you find different people. The question is though, what type of person are you on a plane? Do you fit into any of these four categories?

1. The Reader

Readers, as usual, have their noses buried in a book. Whether it is between two paper pages or almost touching a screen, their minds are enveloped in the other world that is not the plane. They only part with their book to go to the bathroom or to order a drink. Yet right when they get back, their noses are right back in that book.

2. The Movie/TV Watcher

There is always that one person who is only staring at their computer screen. Their head phones are in, and nothing can distract them from the moving colors. They will watch multiple movies or television shows through the whole flight. Sometimes, if you are sitting next to them, you get distracted with the moving screen. You can’t hear what the characters are saying, so you start guessing what they’re saying. Sometimes you try to be accurate and other times you just start making this up and making yourself smile. Then comes that awkward moment when the person who owns the computer looks at you and notices that you’re watching.

3. The Crying Baby

Babies can either sleep all through the plane ride, or they will never stop crying. It doesn’t really matter where they sit in the plane, their cries are just as loud and pitchy as if you were sitting right next to them. It’s not their fault that they’re crying because that is all they know how to do. You can’t help but feel bad for the stressed out parents and the crying baby, but you can also feel upset about it. No one wants to listen to a crying and screaming baby for hours, not even the parents.

4. The Sleeper

This could possibly be the most awkward and the funniest passenger on a flight. They have head phones in, or the eye mask, or the head rest. For those who didn’t have the head rest, they would fall asleep and their head would roll forward. It would startle them, so you could see their startled expressions and then their attempts to fall back asleep. Then there are those who accidentally fall asleep on your shoulder and you don’t know what to do. You feel bad if you move because you don’t want to wake them up but at the same time you don’t want a stranger sleeping on you.