The KC Chiefs Are Dominating The NFL

The Kansas City Chiefs are 5-0 on the young NFL season and continue tearing NFL defenses to shreds. The latest victim of that incredible KC offense was the best defense in the league, the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Jags did what no other defense could do before, hold star QB Patrick Mahomes to 0 TD's and picking off Mahomes twice, his first interceptions of the year.

The story of the Chiefs' success is led by Mahomes who could be the front-runner for offensive player of the year in the NFL, totaling 1,513 yards in five games with 14 TD's.

Mahomes and the KC offense aren't going to slow down anytime soon with weapons like Tyreik Hill and Sammy Watkins on the outside with the option of Travis Kelce lining up on the line as a tight end or going out into the slot.

The rising star of Mahomes was known going into the offseason last year, as the Chiefs let then starting QB Alex Smith test the waters of free agency after Mahomes impressed in limited time as a rookie. With the proper weapons around Mahomes and Andy Reid's football mind leading the team, the Chiefs were destined to achieve greatness this season.

NFL fans have seen this before from Kansas City though, going 9-0 in 2013 and 5-0 last season and not getting a win in the playoffs.

As an Oakland Raiders fan, I'm waiting for that inevitable collapse KC hits mid-season, but this year just seems different. This past week against the Jags was when I thought Mahomes' stellar play would halt and the Chiefs would take their first L of the year, both were incorrect.

Mahomes went 22/38 with 313 yards and a TD on the ground. The two interceptions thrown were the first real blemishes on the season for the Chiefs, but it didn't stop them from securing a 30-14 win.

The Chiefs seem like the team to beat in the AFC for now (don't forget about the Patriots) five games into the season. The Chiefs will have another big-time test ahead of them this upcoming week against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

The Chiefs defense will be the key to how far KC can go in the playoffs, and next week will be a great gauge of how dependable they can be.