When Choosing A Career Path, Should You Be Practical Or Passionate?

Sometimes the field that you are seeking does not necessarily need a college degree at your disposal.

1531

I've noticed that the young people of today are pursuing careers that they are genuinely interested in rather than a career path they feel obligated in pursuing. I think that several high school students entering college have a general idea of what they want to study in college. They may at first choose a career choice that is the most logical; for instance, a career where they know that they will have the best chance finding a job and maintaining a stable income. Although it is likely by the first or second year of college, the student could come to realize that this is not the path he or she wants and will go a different route that will make him or her truly happy. This is not a sign of recklessness or stupidity but a sign of pure authenticity and reevaluation of one's self and purpose.

Financially, it can be risky to pursue a career you want in college, especially when you know that it is a vast possibility that you will achieve this career due to its high competition in the job market and if it is a career that may not make you a decent income. On the other hand, there countless ways to pay back your student loans if you have done your research correctly.

Sometimes the field that you are seeking does not necessarily need a college degree at your disposal. The point of the matter is that life is way too short to be pursuing a career that you have no interest in, just to change your major and end up losing time and money in the process. There has been researching to prove that people that pursue a career that they have no interest in can lead them to have health problems in the future because of their unhappiness. People should keep in mind that everyone's path is different, no two people are alike. Some people may take longer to achieve their goals, but they will achieve their goals if they are persistent, driven and willing to put in the extra mile.

Do you want a career that is practical but makes you unhappy to go to work every morning? Would you rather go after a career, full force, one that makes you inspired and intrigued even if it is risky? But what if there was a way to have the best of both worlds? There has to be a way to be financially stable, successful and genuinely happy in the field that suits your personality. So what do you think? Is that a possibility reachable?