My Parent's Anniversary: A Reflection On Their Example Of Love

So grateful to have my parents setting an example of true love.

179
Crystalline Studio

Anniversaries are one of the sweetest occasions to celebrate, in my opinion, because you are celebrating another year of love and making it through the highs and lows of life with your best friend. Whether it's dating or marriage, celebrating an anniversary is just oh so romantic and joyful.

My parents just recently celebrated their 28th anniversary on Dec.10 and it made me really reflect on what they have been through together all these years. From falling in love to getting married and having kids, there is so much love that has been shared over 28 years. Even though there were times that things didn't go the way they wanted it to, they stuck it out and more importantly, stuck by each other's side, which just makes the hard times a little easier.

Watching my parents as I grew up, set a perfect example of how I wanted my relationship to be like and eventually what my marriage will be like. I want life to be fun and easygoing while having my best friend by my side. As I continue to grow and learn, I know that I can look to my parents for relationship advice and really trust their opinions on such an important subject.

In today's society, I feel like we need to become role models for the younger generation; to show them that romance still exists, that chivalry still exists, and that love can conquer anything. I want to be an example to my future kids just as my parents have been to me for the past 20 years. Love is still alive and it is possible to keep it that way.

Dating and marriage are hectic now more than ever; the divorce rate in the United States lies between 40 and 50 percent. Crazy right? But what's not crazy is that we can change that moving forward, we can give relationships 100% and not give up at the first sign of trouble - so let's make love great again.