Panic! At The Disco's New Album Released

The only band that turns me back into my middle school fan girl.

77

Let me start by saying, I'm not one to become an obsessive fangirl. It's not typical of me to hang posters on my bedroom walls of heartthrobs or to aggressively defend singers in the comment section of YouTube videos. But there is one band that has stolen my heart from the very moment that their most popular single was released when I was in sixth grade. They were characterized by their guy-liner and tight pants and were probably one of the only bands you listened to if you went through that hardcore, emo phase. I'm talking about Panic! at the Disco.

I'm sure you just laughed a little at the fact that a twenty year old girl still listens to the same band she did when she was twelve, but I have reason to. The band went through major changes, a split in half and a member being admitted into rehab. Not only has the image of the band adapted and changed over the year (remember when they debated getting rid of the exclamation point???) but their sound has too. Brendon Urie is probably the ultimate singing celebrity (move over, JB) and is about to release P!ATD's fifth album.

Entitled Death of a Bachelor, this album is already projected to make a huge splash. Their single "Hallelujah" was the first to be debuted off this album and became the band's second most successful hit ever (after I Write Sins, of course). Then after releasing a few other singles like "LA Devotee" (which is a really great pump-up song to run to btw) and "Emperor's New Clothes," all P!ATD fans were desperately awaiting the release of the rest of the album on January 15th.

Fans were not disappointed. The album was composed of eleven new songs that were characteristic of the one and only Brendon Urie's true style. Now that he is the only remaining original member of the group, he decided to write songs that took risks and created the music he always wanted to make (and that us fans never knew we wanted). So let me take a moment to recommend that you buy the album off of iTunes immediately, but if you're not ready to fully commit, here are my favorite three songs off the record to give you a taste of the perfection.

1. "House of Memories"

Okay, so it's nearly impossible for me to choose a favorite off this album, but if I had to, it would be this one. This song still shows evidence of Panic! at the Disco's roots while becoming totally reinvented and modern. Well done, Brendon, well done.

2. "Death of a Bachelor"

This is a total swoon-worthy song. Brendon Urie is not denying his place in the world as a heartthrob with this one as he sings about falling in love with his wife.

3. "Golden Days"

This one is another catchy, easy to tap your foot along to type of song. This one stuck out to me because it shows the mastery of Brendon's lyricism and his ability to paint scenes with his words.

So there you have it. Another album released that will suck me into seeing them in concert once again and will never let my inner-tween girl fade.