6 Reasons Why Overthinking Could Be Good

3234

I overthink everything, no exaggerations needed. Someone could tell me that they dislike me and that thought will linger around and I will question myself over and over on the issue until I psych myself out. I could go hours and hours with changing my outfit over fear that someone will not like it. I could also receive a one-word answer from someone, or they could stop speaking to me and guaranteed, I would freak myself out because I’m that scared.

Being someone who overthinks, I do see how this could also be a good thing.

Here are six reasons why.

1. You set really high expectations for yourself.

Expecting nothing less is one of the keys to being successful

2. Being very observant.

If you are an overthinker who is afraid of confrontation like I am, silence is golden because you learn by people’s character through their actions

3. Being compassionate.

You have a firm understanding of helping others and you are great at giving advice.

4. Being talented.

Who else can juggle giving an opinion to so many people in one sitting?

5. A great sense of imagination.

6. Being someone that everyone can rely on to do the right thing.

Overthinking causes you to be a more honest person, and being trustworthy is a great quality to have.