President Barack Obama has had an eventful eight years that I personally would like to thank him for. In 2008, we had high unemployment and a recession that was one of the worst economic falls in decades. We have seen a president who has gone a long way to unite the people of America, and I'll miss him for that.
1. Bringing the unemployment rate down to five percent.
It was at one point over nine percent and lowered through the creation of millions of jobs.
2. Legalization of same-sex marriage.
Two words: love wins.
3. His birth video joke towards Fox News.
He's a natural born citizen, and people ask him about it; Ted Cruz is not even questioned.
4. His actions towards gun control.
With mass shootings becoming a norm, he has not given up on regulating firearms.
5. His sweet basketball skills.
An all-star on the floor shooting hoops and the floor of Congress.
6. Overseeing the assassination of Osama bin Laden.
He oversaw the heroes that gave America closure.
7. He made sure veterans weren't forgotten.
He has fully funded the VA and has created a program to prevent homelessness among vets.
8. He has taken action on fighting climate change.
Climate change exists, and as a leader he has stepped up to help the environment.
9. Using Luther the Anger Translator.
He kept his composure yet still got the message through.
10. He did his own "Thanks Obama" video.
11. Ended conversion therapies.
He knows there is nothing wrong with being gay, lesbian, or transgender.
12. Rejected Keystone pipeline.
It was a risky idea, and he did what was best; now we have gas under $2
13. Wants to raise minimum wage.
Just for everyone's knowledge, it is impossible to live off a little over $7 an hour.
14. He has been working to fix race relations in the U.S.
Unlike many presidents before who ignored the idea of institutional racism.
15. Lowered taxes for the lower 95 percent.
Those living in poverty should never have to worry about paying bills.
16. Appointed first transgender White House staff member.
Raffi Freedman-Gurspan has made history.
17. He can make better jokes than any other president.
I swear he can, on the ghost of the unfunny Ronald Reagan.