Original Series Coming To Streaming Services in 2016

Netflix and chill?

16

In 2015, streaming services changed the game on how we watch television and it looks like in 2016, they may take over. Between Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire, we've seen streaming TV services take a lead over cable. With the lower prices and the convenience, traditional cable companies are having a hard time trying to keep up.

This is of course thanks to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and HBO GO along with a growing number of other streaming services. These services have begun creating their own series and seen huge success with shows like Netflix's "Orange Is The New Black" and "Making A Murderer" (which we may see another season of) and they're only just getting started. As if we didn't already have enough to binge watch, here's the most anticipated original series coming to streaming services in 2016.

NETFLIX

It seems like not that long I was ordering DVDs online then waiting a few business days for Netflix to deliver them and now this year alone Netflix is set to release a whopping 30 new original series. Get ready to Netflix and chill, here are the most anticipated series:

1. "Love"

Judd Appatow is bringing us a TV Rom Com this year with, "Love."

2. "The Get Down"

Starring Jaden Smith, all thirteen episodes of The Get Down are said to be dropping at once sometime this year. "The Get Down" follows a group of New York City teenagers on their rise to success.

3. "The Ranch"

Reunion! That 70's Show's Ashton Kusher and Danny Masteron are back together playing brothers in this comedy. Rumor is if we're lucky we may see a guest appearance from Mila Kunis.

4. "Fuller House"

Full House fans, rejoice. Although Mary-Kate and Ashely are too busy dominating the fashion world to be a part of it, Netflix is introducing, "Fuller House." 30 years after originally airing Full(er) House is back with several original cast members.

HBO

Though HBO is a premium channel rather a streaming service they have recently released HBO Now, which works like Netflix by paying monthly to stream. HBO has already marked their place in the television industry with ground breaking shows and documentaries, and fortunately, they've got a few more in store for us:

1. "The Deuce"

Jame's Franco stars as a New Yorker working in the porn industry during the 70s. Named after an area notorious for sex work at the time, "The Deuce" sheds some light on some history not too often discussed.

2. "Westworld"

HBO could use a new original series that isn't cringeworthy (True Detective Season 2) and hopefully "Westworld" will be that. With J.J. Abrams and an A-list cast I think they may be able to pull it off.

3. "High Maintenance"

Though the show is actually on it's third season it's making a television debut this year with the third season. Originally aired on Vimeo, High Maintenance is sure to be a stoner classic.

4. "Vinyl"

Directed by Martin Scorsese and set in the 70's Vinyl is going to be something you don't want to miss. HBO is giving us a look into New York's 70's music scene I'm sure there will be plenty of partying, sex and drugs.

HULU

Though consumers were skeptical when Hulu first arrived and was rivaling Netflix they have become a major player in the streaming game. Catch these original series this year:

1. "11.22.63"

Based off of Stephen King's novel of the same name, James Franco is taking back in time to stop the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

2. "The Path"

Let's admit it, we miss Aaron Paul. Now that Breaking Bad has come to close it's going to be nice to be seeing him on our screens on a regular basis again. "The Path" centers on Paul's struggle with a "cult-like" movement.